Experience Design Patterns In Java
- 7.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- 11 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Write better programs
- Identify design problems
- Learn the industry standard common vocabulary
In this lecture we'll describe the problem of a complex system that can benefit from the singleton pattern. We'll explain the theory behind the singleton pattern: when can we use it, what does it solve and the different options of implementing it.
How can you abstract a complex system? In this lecture we'll practically handle the case of a billing system and improve the overall design by using the singleton pattern.
- Knowledge of object oriented programming
- Basic understanding of UML
- Experience in Java for the practical sessions
- An open mind
Boost your software designs by taking this content-rich and hands on fully featured training course.
This course will give you insight in the more than 20+ design patterns from the book "Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software", by Gamma, Helm, Johnson and Vlissides, which is considered the reference on the subject.
For each pattern a clear example is given to understand the problem the pattern will solve, as well as its advantages and disadvantages. You will be able to practically understand how the pattern works with the detailed included Java lessons.
At the end of this course, you will be able to
- Identify common problems in your code
- Apply the correct design pattern
- Talk with colleagues using a common vocabulary (and be a hero)
- Implement a better object oriented solution that is a lot more maintainable and readable
- All of the video lectures are download-enabled.
If you have a slow internet connection, or want to take this course with you on your laptop, smartphone or other portable device, sign up and download all the videos and other course materials now.
Sign up now to get lifetime access to this course. With Udemy's 30-day money-back guarantee, it's risk-free.
- Software engineers