Exceptional Leadership: Leading at a Higher Level
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 6 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Avoid the common pitfalls leaders face when rising in organizations
- Successfully respond to the disorienting effects of leading at a higher organizational level
- Build a plan to successfully transition to a new role
- Employ the four leadership dimensions that set successful leaders apart: Context, Breadth, Choice, and Connection
- Experience leading a team or supervising other employees
- It’s recommended, though not required, that you read Rising to Power while taking the course
Do you have ambitions to rise up in your organization to a position of broad leadership? Are you vying for a promotion, but worry you may not be ready? Or did you recently start in a bigger job leading several levels of employees, and are starting to feel overwhelmed or uncertain?
This is the course for you. Based on the #1 bestselling book Rising to Power: The Journey of Exceptional Executives, co-author Ron Carucci will guide you through every step of a successful transition to a bigger role. Based on a 10-year longitudinal study of more than 2700 leaders, the research and course content will help you learn:
Why more than 50% of those promoted to bigger roles fail in the first 18 months, and how to avoid those pitfalls
The common challenges leaders face at higher altitudes, and how to successfully navigate them
The four dimensions that set the most successful leaders apart, and how to develop them in your own leadership
This course is chock full of practical insights and examples of leaders rising in organizations and sticking the landing once there. You’ll assess your own experiences with the pitfalls and disorienting effects of higher leadership and plan concrete actions for successfully navigating them. You’ll build your transition plan, which can help even if you’ve already taken the job, and you’ll complete a self-assessment of the four dimensions of exceptional leaders to understand where you have strengths, and where you may have blind spots.
Rising to Power and the research behind it has already saved countless careers from the high failure rates of otherwise promising, aspiring leaders. Ron Carucci is a 30 year seasoned executive coach who has worked with hundreds of executives all over the world. Now you can have the benefit of his experience and research at your fingertips, fueling your leadership ambitions to success.
- You are a supervisor leading a small team or project manager, and you have aspirations to lead more broadly, to rise to higher levels
- You were recently promoted to, or accepted a new role, where you now have team leaders or supervisors reporting to you, or to an executive level where you have multiple levels of people reporting to you
- You were told you are considered “high potential” and a possible successor to a broader leadership role, and are wanting to begin preparations for the opportunity early