Excel Basics: Learn While Creating a Personal Budget
- You need to have Excel 2007 or later. No Previous Knowledge of Excel Needed.
- Users of Mac Excel will be able to follow along for about 80% of the demos, but there are some features that I will show that are Windows PC specific. All demos will be shown on a Windows PC.
- Students need to have a beginner understanding of Windows operating system or Mac OS.
The best way to learn Excel is to jump right in and start on a project. What better project than creating a personal budget. Follow along with each video as I guide you through the project, step-by-step.
I could take you through each feature of Excel that I feel you should know as a beginner. And it might make sense - until you try to put it all together with your own project. At the end of this course, you will a have a working knowledge of Excel and a usable spreadsheet - your budget!
This course is packed with information, but is is also kept simple. You will not be buried in complicated or exhaustive explanation that cause confusion.
Each detail is broken down into sizable chunks, which makes it easy for you to move along at your own pace.
You are encouraged to ask as many questions as you like regarding the course and project.
- This course is designed for anyone who has the desire to learn Excel and has little or ZERO prior experience.
- How to Find and Open Excel
- Excel Interface
- Create the Basic Budget Layout
- Continue with February through December
- Add Income
- Insert and Delete Columns and Rows
- Time to Add Some Style
- Freeze Panes
- Printing the Budget
I worked as an IT trainer for over 20 years – for a wide range of organizations from community centers, community colleges, the Colorado Judicial Branch and a large law firm. During those years as an IT trainer, Technology trainer, Instructor – whatever the title may have been, I gained a lot of experience in many different programs, platforms and devices. I’ve created so many Excel spreadsheets, training manuals, and PowerPoint presentations, that I can’t even put a number to it.
I also have experience in classroom training, online delivery, and content development.
I decided to take my knowledge and start my own business and this is it – Forevermore, llc. I focus primarily on Microsoft applications.
I have my MBA from Colorado Technical University
I have a MicroMasters from UMUC in Instructional Design & Technology
I continuously update my education on software applications, social media, adult education, instructional design, and training techniques.
I also enjoy teaching at a local community college as a part-time instructor in the CIS department.