Excel VBA & Microsoft Outlook Mastery and Automation
What you'll learn
- Automate Microsoft Outlook with simple Excel macros
- Create and manipulate emails using MailItem methods
- Understand Outlook Namespaces (folder system)
- Display, Save drafts or Send Emails using automation!
- Set up CC, BCC and Distribution Groups with ease
- Loop through Excel and automatically generate custom-tailored emails with each row's data
- Get a quick Burner email for testing (Free)
- Tell Outlook to send email Later (Deferred delivery)
- Prevent Outlook warnings that Halt emails being sent
- Seamlessly control Multiple Outlook accounts
- Spice up messages using HTML dynamically
- Learn most effective free HTML editors
- Utilize large HTML files with custom data (like a mail merge)
- Using signature the right way - including non-default signatures
- Breeze through emails in Outlook Folders
- Find specific items with Find method
- Filtering Multiple results using Restrict method
- Finding an item by its Unique Entry IDentifier
- Take control of Advanced Filtering using DASL queries
- Personalize emails and attachments with Excel data
- Save time with an Outlook Template file
- Click any cell to auto send that person an email!
- Validate email addresses with Custom Function
- Place an Excel Range/Table into email body (2 methods)
- Attach pc files, single sheet, multiple sheets or even entire current workbook!
- Save worksheet as PDF & Attach to email!
- Generate Random filenames for attachments
- Move or Copy items within Outlook (or on your pc)
- Open & Gather Data from email attachments and Build Reports
- Master Calendar items (Appointments & Meetings) and schedule like a boss!
- Instantly understand (and have fun with) Date/Time Math
- Discover Schedule Conflicts the easy way
- Create, assign, modify and streamline Task Items
- Search for Contacts using ‘FullName’ shortcut or with Loops
- Scan Contacts lists & put specific ones into Excel
- Build a Custom Userform that can Email or Edit the selected contact!
- Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook 2003 and up (the newer the better, obviously, but these will work)
- If you have some familiarity with Excel VBA, it is a plus, but if you follow along, I break every step down so anyone can conquer this subject!
- According to Microsoft, Office for Mac is sandboxed, which restricts the apps from accessing resources access or communication across processes or outside the app container. This course specifically covers the Windows Excel and Outlook VBA Methodologies and doesn't cover Mac specific issues.
The world has well over a billion Microsoft Office users, and many of them are starting to realize that you can automate your work life with VBA. They use Excel for data analysis, report generation or keeping up with complicated list and calculations, and use Outlook to keep their schedule straight - with tasks, Emails, Meetings and Contacts..
One of the least published and least utilized strategies is using the best of both worlds - the flexibility, calculations, speed & data storage of Excel and the Email, Tasks, Calendar and Contacts of Outlook. This course marries those two technologies in a simple, progressive manner that Beginners can understand and Experts will return to over and over for reference.
You’ll learn to:
Utilize and manipulate Outlook’s organizational structure and folder system to
Create dynamic emails and auto-send, defer delivery, display or save emails as a draft
Loop through Excel and automatically generate custom-tailored emails with each row's data
Get free burner emails for testing
Seamlessly control Multiple Outlook accounts
You’ll even learn to Spice up your messages using professional HTML email code, using Free HTML editors and where to find cool templates
We’ll guide you through multiple methods of Signature automation, including non-default signatures
You’ll also master looping through your emails with custom filters, including Advanced DASL queries (made simple!)
You’ll Personalize emails and attachments with Excel data or Auto-Open specific attachments and Grab Data into your workbook!
You’ll be able to convert Excel tables into HTML and embed them into your email body
In addition to Email mastery, we also show you how to:
Create, modify and rearrange Calendar items (like Appointments & Meetings) and schedule like a boss!
Instantly understand (and have fun with) Date/Time Math
Discover and prevent Schedule Conflicts the easy way
Create, assign, modify and streamline Task Items
Utilize outlook Contacts with your Excel program
We even take you through Building a Custom Userform where you’ll be able to Email or Edit any of YOUR contacts right from Excel!
You can easily implement these strategies in any of your Excel programs to further automate your workflow
Impress your boss! Go ahead, make your work take 5 minutes instead of 5 hours. (We won’t tell!)
Go ahead and Grab your copy of this Excel and Outlook VBA Mastery Course - TODAY!
From the Author, Dan Strong:
Some of the most common questions I get is “How can I automatically send emails based on Excel data?” or “How can I cycle through my emails and grab info from specific attachments?” So, I decided to create an intensive study course that shows you every aspect of Microsoft Outlook from the viewpoint of an Excel program - AKA showing you how to send out emails wayyyy beyond a simple mail merge or a ‘SendMail’ action. You’ll be able to take Outlook by the horns and implement a whole new set of tools to your toolbelt.
We’ll see you in the Forums!
Dan Strong, ExcelVbaIsFun
Who this course is for:
- This Excel course is for anyone who wants to learn Automation secrets in Excel VBA for creating, managing and updating Emails, Calendar Items, Tasks, and Contacts in Outlook. It’s for complete newbies and/or students looking for a refresher or Reference tool, to pick and choose relevant lessons for their projects. No prior programming knowledge is needed, but some Excel VBA familiarity never hurts!
- This course doesn't cover CDO emails because it's specifically for Outlook and all it's various amazing features. We'll cover CDO in another course for a more focused look.
- If you're using Excel or Outlook for Mac, you will find that this course won't cover all the various Mac nuances, as this course was filmed using a PC. Many students end up programming in windows and just using Mac to run the Excel wb or will virtualize Windows within Mac using programs like Parallels or Bootcamp.
Hi! My name is Daniel and i'm 31. I've lived most my life in Missouri, United States. I've been using Excel since my early teens, and very early on realized that I absolutely love it. After working on various projects in my spare time for years, improving the lives of those that used my programs, I knew this was more than just a hobby for me; it's my passion. A few years back, I got my first opportunity to program in Excel, but when I landed the job I was asked to re-write my predecessor's coded programs with fancy databases and automated Crystal reports! I found my Excel skills somewhat lacking. I HAD TO LEARN VBA! I studied and studied what I could online and in books, but I wasn't able to learn much that way. I had to dive into my first project for months and months - basically just teaching myself and "figuring it out". I realized that if only someone was out there teaching Excel VBA like Mike Girvin (ExcelIsFun) taught Excel, making everything simple and visual - then Anyone could learn VBA! I started a YouTube channel, mostly for myself as a reference tool, but people started to bite. People flooded my inbox with questions and comments that I was literally changing their lives for the better. My passion is and always has been teaching, and I've turned thousands of people into Excel programmers. Now, with Udemy, I'm going to teach the good stuff - the stuff I kept secret; the Advanced and "not-so-Advanced-but-Awesome" Excel VBA. The things that make people hire you - that make you irresistable and irreplacable. Building REAL Programs, Advanced Reporting and Data Analysis. Dashboards and live data. Automation. My main focus is to create an online community of professional Excel VBA developers and beginners who create Real Programs, solve Real Problems and change Real Lives.