Excel VBA Blueprint: Build 9 VBA Macros & Automate Excel
What you'll learn
- Understand how to make Excel work for them, rather than spending time on the same manual tasks
- Master Excel programming through practice - there are 9 distinct code sequences that they will write
- Build their first macro and run a macro using a button
- Create user-friendly auto-filters by writing code
- Manipulate Excel Comments with VBA
- Build interactive charts with drop-down menus for a more user-friendly Excel experience
- Automatically send emails via Excel and avoid the manual work of reporting
- Must Have: Microsoft Excel Installed On Your Computer
- Nice To Have: The Latest Version Of Excel (2013 is Preferable)
- Nice To Have: Several Screens To Facilitate Better Action Taking (i.e. Extra Desktop Monitor or 2 Devices)
- A Positive Attitude, Willingness To Take Action And Improve Your VBA Skills
Are you tired of the same long, boring days creating dashboards, charts and Vlookups while barely having time to do anything else?
Wouldn't it be cool if you could automate all these tasks, spend less time in front of the computer and more time advancing your career, scaling your business, or doubling your salary?
Why Learn VBA?
Excel VBA can completely skyrocket your productivity - if you learn how to automate Excel processes you will achieve the same results in 50% of the time.
However, it is not something easy to learn - it will take you countless hours in front of the computer. The good news is that with the right approach you can shortcut that process and learn the fundamentals that will give you 80% of the skills with 20% of the effort.
If you learn how to program in Excel properly, you can:
Have one task always execute the same way with the push of 1 button
Perform that task at a much higher speed than if you were to do it manually
Ensure 100% accuracy
Enable people that don't know much about the task to execute it the same way as yourself
Differentiate yourself at the workplace by enabling Excel to do operations that might seem impossible to others
Sit back and relax while letting your macros handle the complex tasks that take up computational power and a lot of time
The Excel VBA Blueprint
That's why we created the Excel VBA Blueprint. Rather than taking you through a long list of boring features, we teach you 9 specific VBA Macros that you can apply straight away.
Tired of time consuming deeply nested formulas? You'll learn how to create your own tailor made Excel functions
Want to automate your reporting process? Learn how to automatically send emails directly from Excel
How about upgrading your charts? Learn the simple code to create charts that are customisable through a dropdown menu.
All of this, and much more.
When building this course, our main focus was practicality. That's why:
You get class test scenarios and solutions at every Section end so that you can test your newly learned abilities
You get every spreadsheet at every step along the way - this way you can always check your code for accuracy
Each section is a scenario for a particular Macro - this is our version of learning by doing!
If you want to learn the VBA hacks that will skyrocket your productivity, then this course will take you there. Have a look at our free preview lectures, take this course now and join us on this exciting journey!
Who this course is for:
- Anybody that is adept at Excel and wants to learn automation
- People that want to Excel at the workplace and become an authority in this field
- Individuals that love programming and automating tasks & work consistently in Excel
I am a senior software engineer with a background in Mathematics and Computer Science.
As a developer I started working with Microsoft Office Visual Basic for Application building macros in Excel. In my 3 years in which I've interacted with VBA, I've worked on numerous projects from concept to completion starting from simple, several lines macros, up to projects along side multiple developers that extended up to several months.
I'm an Internet Entrepreneur with a background in both the Management Consulting & Telecommunications industries. The skills that I have acquired during those stints and in previous years in general have unleashed my passion to teach.
I have a wide array of skills that I share with you via my courses
(1) Social Media
One of my true passions, I have invested a lot of time building a presence online. Highlights include:
- Creating a connection base of 100+ people in a large Management Consulting firm within weeks of starting the job.
- Met with a handful of Managing Directors & Senior Managers after approaching them on Social Media
- Trained Partners on how to effectively make use of LinkedIn & Twitter to network and generate leads
- Conducted Workshops with Project Teams and Small Enterprises on the use of Twitter and LinkedIn
- (2) Resume/CV & Interviewing
With 30+ Job applications, I have gained a deep understanding of the recruiting process
- I have never failed to get an interview (phone or face-to-face) after submitting my Resume
- Participated in over 20 Job Interviews & Assessment Centres
- Worked for a leading Management Consulting firm in a highly competitive market
- (3) Productivity
- Heavy user of Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint. I completely rebuilt the spreadsheets inherited from one of my teams, reducing the monthly updating time by over half the time (a few business days)
- Co-produced reports that were ultimately held by members of the Board of Directors in one of the Multinationals I worked in (using Excel & PowerPoint)
- General productivity freak, I love technology and always look for ways to make it work for me
How I got here…
Until recently I never really envisioned myself starting my own business. In fact, it was quite the opposite - my dream was to work for a large Multinational/ Consulting company and enjoy the riches of the Corporate life…
I soon found myself in what I thought would be my "dream job" only to do work that wasn't at all fulfilling, spending hours every day commuting and paying enormous rent (almost half of my salary) in one of the largest cities in the world. I felt stuck, limited and didn't think much of my future prospects.
I look back now and find it funny how at our lowest points we make life-changing decisions. Since a few members of our Mastermind Group had launched online businesses, I decided I would give it a try. I made up my mind that whatever happened, I absolutely HAD to launch an online product before my birthday.
Within two months, I launched my first Udemy course.
One month later I decided to quit my job (to the utter amazement of my colleagues, managers, friends & family - they probably thought I was crazy) and never looked back since.
What I aim for is simple: I want to get you real results in the fastest possible time. Whether it's improving your presence on Social Media, getting your dream job, improving your productivity or self-development, I want you to walk away from my courses with a sense of achievement.
The courses I create are structured in a step-by-step manner so that you can implement them straight away. They do require your effort & commitment, but if you do that I'm extremely confident you can get to the next level.
Ultimately, receiving a message from a satisfied student detailing how I've helped him or her is immensely gratifying, more so than any number of sales.
Get in touch!
If you're one of my students and you want to ask me a question, or you're just reading this now and think we might have something in common then post a discussion item on one of my courses - I'll be more than happy to answer & get to know you better!