Become an Excel Power User in 2.5 Hours
- 3.5 hours on-demand video
- 4 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Become proficient in business-focused Excel
- Increase speed 3X using keyboard shortcuts
- Clean and manipulate business data sets
- Filter and sort to investigate business questions
- Develop graphical visualizations to simplify big data
- Write powerful Vlookup & Hlookup formulas to extract specific information from data tables
- Create advanced conditional statements
- Quantify the sensitivity of business models to changes in multiple variables simultaneously using what-if-analysis
- Slice, dice, and extract insights from large data sets using pivot tables
- You should be running a Windows operating system to get the most out of the course (we’ll cover why in lecture 1!). The formats, functionality, and keyboard shortcuts are different for Excel on a Mac operating system.
- Please make sure you’ve downloaded and installed Microsoft Excel (while the course is taught on Excel 2016, an earlier version of the software will work perfectly fine to complete the course).
- You should be using a full PC keyboard with function keys (if you are using a laptop, I would advise purchasing an inexpensive external USB keyboard).
**ANNOUNCEMENT January 2018: 1.5 Hours of Practice Problem Lectures Added!**
This is a 100% example-based comprehensive Microsoft Excel training course with a special focus on speed, automation and efficiency (the keys to becoming a power-user). You’ll learn how to build models, write formulas, and perform analysis.
Master Microsoft Excel Rapidly in this Comprehensive Course!
As a finance professional, I built the curriculum based on the skills needed to succeed in today’s business environment, and I’ve excluded what you really don’t need to know. This course is a hack to develop advanced power-user skills in Microsoft Excel 2016 in a very short period of time.
In this course you will learn how to:
- Increase Excel speed 3X by abandoning the mouse
- Clean, format, filter, and sort data sets
- Create dual axis charts to compare related data sets
- Investigate business questions using conditional statements
- Analyze the sensitivity of results to changes in variables using what-if analysis
- Slice, dice, and extract rapid insights using pivot tables
Why Excel Skills Matter
Advanced Microsoft Excel skills can open up a whole myriad of career opportunities (especially analyst roles) in industries such as finance, consulting, analytics or other business roles. Excel is the primary tool used in financial modeling and ad-hoc data analysis.
In this 100% example based course, you’ll develop highly marketable business-focused Excel skills to help you outperform competing candidates for promotions, job opportunities, and internships. You’ll learn what it means to be an Excel power-user, and why it can be such an unfair advantage to develop this skill set.
How is the Course Structured?
The course curriculum builds on itself, meaning that as we continue forward in the course we’ll re-use the concepts from previous sections to further reinforce them. All of the material is 100% example based and in many sections we’ll use one continuous example through multiple lectures.
The course is composed of 27 short lectures (most between 2-10 minutes) each of which cover one concept at a time, and 8 lectures covering practice problems. The full course length is around 4 hours with 2.5 hours of concept lectures and 1.5 hours of practice problems. There are screencasts, business discussions, quizzes and a downloadable file of the full course curriculum to practice along with.
I designed the course to be hands-on and engaging. Complete with working files, you’ll be able to follow along practicing each concept and receive a verifiable certificate of completion when you finish the course!
- This course is meant for new users or people with some Excel experience looking for a refresher on most powerful features and efficiency techniques in Excel
- You don’t need prior experience in Excel to take this course
- While the course does address advanced topics, this course is probably not for you if you already have heavy Excel modeling experience.
- Discussion of 100% example-based course curriculum (you will learn by doing!)
- Overview of concepts students will learn
- Discussion of how course is specifically tailored for analysts and has been stripped to the core essential functions for this profession
- Review the supporting data files and how to download them
- Explanation of the similarities and differences between Excel on a Windows vs. Mac operating system (OS)
- Why mastering Excel on Windows OS is more useful than Mac
Lecture includes discussion on:
- Writing formulas
- Review of the most basic/common formulas
- =, SUM, PRODUCT, COUNT, MIN, MAX
- Lesson on how to freeze panes and why it will make your life easy
- An example demonstrating a 3X+ speed increase when completing same set of functions with a mouse vs. without a mouse
- Conceptual framework for presenting data
- Discussion around when vs. when not to visualize data
- Example of a single data set presented in different ways
- How we can use sensitivity analysis tables to exaluate dynamic contexts
- How to build a sensitivity analysis table
- Investigation of how a business can attempt to raise profits using 3 example sensitivity tables
- 3 examples building sensitivity analysis tables to evaluate results