Excel: Power Functions
What you'll learn
- Locate the syntax of an Excel function and explain the basics of function syntax design.
- Explain why function criteria should produce a True result.
- Understand and use wildcards in an Excel formula.
- Create formula with nested functions.
- Write a formula that combines the EDATE and DATEDIF functions to determine anniversary dates.
- Write a formula using the EOMONTH function to calculate expiration dates or due dates.
- Write a formula using the CONVERT function to convert data from one unit of measure to another (e.g., miles to kilometers).
- Find a value in a large array of data without knowing which row or column to search using the INDEX and MATCH functions.
- Debug or trace through an Excel formula using the “Evaluate Formula” feature or the Excel Formula Beautifier online tool.
- Create a rolling average using the OFFSET function or OFFSET and MATCH.
- Write a formula that combines OFFSET with COUNT or COUNTA to expand a range rather than revise the formula to fit the new range.
- Calculate totals and subtotals using SUMPRODUCT and describe how this can be used as an alternative to pivot tables.
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Excel is recommended.
Learn to Use the 10 Excel Functions Recommended by the Experts
Excel provides over 400 functions to perform a variety of calculations within your data. With this many functions, it’s guaranteed you’re missing out on some powerhouse formulas that can make your day easier. This course explores 10 functions the experts recommend to expedite your data analysis.
Ask any Excel expert to name their favorite Excel functions, and you’ll receive a variety of suggestions. Some you’ll recognize, others you won’t. This course examines 10 of the functions more commonly listed by the experts and removes the mystery of how and why to use them.
With over 450 functions available in Excel, odds are you aren’t getting the full power of Excel in your workbooks. This course steps you through functions that can increase your productivity and simplify your spreadsheets.
Do you work with dates? Learn how to generate anniversary dates, renewal dates, and end-of-month dates.
Do you need to locate values within a large array of data? Explore options that allow you to locate data anywhere within the database without the VLOOKUP limitation of looking in the leftmost column.
Do you create rolling averages? Learn which functions will help you calculate them.
Once you explore these functions, your spreadsheets will never be the same.
Objectives. You will be able to:
Locate the syntax of an Excel function and explain the basics of function syntax design.
Explain why function criteria should produce a True result.
Understand and use wildcards in an Excel formula.
Describe the syntax and write Excel formulas using the following functions:
INDEX + MATCH
Who this course is for:
- Excel users who want to improve their skills.
Let's face it, no online training courses are "fun." But some (like Bigger Brains) are engaging and better to spend time on than others!
Bigger Brains courses are built in a unique Teacher/Learner style, featuring two people on camera to recreate some of the interactivity and physiological benefits of classroom training, including dialogue, humor, and practical use case examples. This uniquely engaging video-based format is more enjoyable and, more importantly, more effective than traditional eLearning formats.
Bigger Brains courses are popular with both learners and training professionals around the world. Because we use experienced teachers and subject matter experts with real-world experience, we have the most realistic and comprehensive online training courses possible.
There are also resources to help you learn along with the way. Most Bigger Brains courses include handouts and practice files. Some even include free post-training reinforcement through the BrainBot learning retention app.
Join the hundreds of thousands of learners around the world and upskill, reskill, and stay in the know with Bigger Brains!