Excel Pivot Tables - beyond Advanced
What you'll learn
- Understand what is data analysis and why should we use it (in very simple, jargon-free manner)
- How to identify bad data from good data (Easy to analyze data = Good data)
- How to convert bad data to good data
- Understand the real meaning of analytics and how analytics can help you grow in your business or career
- Look at existing data as an opportunity to know more
- Deliver existing reports / MIS much faster
- Deliver much more than what is expected in terms of reports creation and submission
- Unearth new and useful information from the same familiar data
- Interpret data in a more comprehensive manner
- Understand how to simplify interpretation using data Visualization
- Understand how to handle large amount of data in Pivot Tables
- Learn a new method of generating dashboards
- Learn a revolutionary new way of sharing reports with others (including very large files)
- Learn how to improve performance of Pivot Tables
- Add value beyond your job description
- Grow faster in their career
- Excel version 2007 or above.
- If you have used Pivot Tables before, this course will expose you to undiscovered gems and surprise you at every turn. What people do not realize is using pivot table everyday is not the same as knowing Pivot Table!
- If you have never used Pivot tables before, you will discover and master a very powerful tool which will help you in personal as well as professional context.
I don't like to call it Advanced.
Why? I believe what we know is "Basic", and what we don't know (or don't want to know) is called "Advanced".
Once you know something, it becomes basic.
Many of us have been using Pivots for decades. We think we already know Pivot Table. But trust me, there is vast amount of unexplored stuff - waiting to be exploited. This is course is for those who have used Pivots and attended other Pivot Courses.
This is not a tips and tricks course. It provokes you to think, learn and apply the knowledge to your own work or business.
If you do not know Pivot tables, don't worry. This course starts from scratch and helps you become a master Pivot analyst. Those who already know Pivot Tables are in for a surprise. For example, do you know that the raw data must be an Excel table before you create a Pivot Table? Most probably, you will ask me a question: "What is an Excel table?"
Try out the free preview videos and you will notice the difference instantly.
Who this course is for:
- If you have already worked on Pivot tables, you will gain most. You are revisiting Pivot Tables in this course. You will soon realize how much of precious time you have wasted in misusing Pivot Tables in the past. In addition, you will learn more capabilities which you never thought were possible using Pivot Table.
- If you have never used pivot tables, thank your stars. You are in the right place! You are free from the bias of bad habits others have learnt. Start from scratch and become super-proficient in Excel based data analysis.
- This course is not about just features and "advanced" capabilities. It is about building the right mindset to learn from the past in order to improve the future. Everyone who wants to build a better future can benefit from this course.
Microsoft’s Most Valuable Professionals for Office
Microsoft Regional Director (honorary title)
Written 2 books and 1000+ blog articles
Coached 273,000+ professionals in 2100+ organizations across 18 countries
Covers the entire Office 365 platform including Excel, Power BI, Exchange, Skype for business, OneDrive, SharePoint, Yammer.
My sessions are often referred to as "Magic Show" or "Eye Openers"
CEOs, CFOs and other senior leaders love my sessions and the only question they ask is "Why did I know all this earlier". They can see the loss of efficiency potential in their past lives after my session.
Unfortunately, there is no UNDO button for past life. However, after attending my sessions, you are yourself the magician. Office is a catalyst to your growth.
I am fully aware that nobody wants Office as their revenue mechanism. However, you must realize that irrespective of your area of specialization, most probably, you are using Office for 2 to 8 hours every day. If you do not know Office and especially Excel, your talent and expertise will not be able to express itself fully. It may even hinder your growth.
There are thousands of experts. Most of them specialize in a particular area. In my case, I have taken a lot of effort (12 years of my life) to ensure that I understand all tools from the Office 365 platform. That knowledge coupled with hundreds of thousands of actual interactions with users gives me a unique insight into the minds of users and what technology has to offer. All this is not my achievement. It is a great platform made available to the world by Microsoft.
Unfortunately, I don't know of a single person who has attempted to understand and utilize this powerful platform to her advantage.
It is my passion to share what I know with the world - in a simplistic yet powerful way so that you can grow in your career and business beyond your imagination.