- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 41 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- How to use Excel lookup functions including VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, INDEX-MATCH, LOOKUP, XLOOKUP, and XMATCH
- How to add data validation to make your lookup projects more interactive and easier to use
- How to correct the errors that most commonly arise when creating lookup formulas
- How to create and use named ranges in lookup projects
- How to create nested lookup functions
- How to perform two-dimensional lookups
- Access to Excel 2010 or later
- Basic Excel skills (e.g., ability to create basic formulas and use simple functions such as SUM and AVERAGE)
As an Excel user you've probably heard a lot about VLOOKUP and other lookup functions. But what can lookup functions do, why should you use them, and how can they help you?
In essence, lookup functions search through data and return specific values. You may be asking yourself, “Well, why can’t I just do a manual search through my data with ctrl-f and find what I need that way?” And sure, that’s fine if you only need to look up one or two things. But what if you have ten, a hundred, or even thousands of things you have to search for and search through?
That’s where lookup functions come in, they are all about making Excel do the work for you. They can help you to quickly and efficiently retrieve data which saves you time and effort.
This course is a comprehensive deep dive into Excel’s lookup functions including (but certainly not limited to) the ever-popular VLOOKUP, my personal favorite, INDEX-MATCH, and the new function, XLOOKUP. It will give you a solid foundation of lookup function knowledge, but also challenge you to learn about and create nested and two-dimensional lookup functions that can really take your Excel capabilities to the next level.
In this course you'll get:
Detailed video walkthroughs so that you can feel confident about each step
Copies of all the files used in the course videos so that you can follow along and practice
Exercises that will challenge your understanding and deepen your lookup knowledge.
By the end of this course you’ll be able to confidently use lookup functions, perform two-dimensional lookups, create nested lookup functions, use data validation in your lookup projects, and know how to correct common errors, among many other things.
And while I hope that you love the course, Udemy has a 100% 30-day money back policy so you can try the course risk-free and can request a total refund if it's not meeting your expectations.
I'm so excited to teach this course because Excel lookup functions are my absolute favorite. There’s just something about seeing your data magically populate in cells because of a complex formula that you created that’s very satisfying - I can't wait for you to experience this for yourself and start loving lookup functions as much as I do. So check out one of the preview lectures for some free lookup function knowledge and a peek into my teaching style, or if you're ready to learn all you can about lookup functions right now click the "Buy now" button and I'll see you in there!
- The Excel user who wants to be able to confidently use lookup functions
- The Excel user who wants to gain a deep understanding of how lookup functions work and wants to learn more than just how to use VLOOKUP
- The Excel user who is looking to enhance their knowledge of Excel and learn lookup concepts that can take their productivity and efficiency to the next level
Here you'll learn about what lookup functions can do and how they can save you time and effort in your Excel projects.
Learn how to use the ever-popular VLOOKUP function. We'll go over how to build a VLOOKUP formula step by stem, explain the VLOOKUP syntax, and when to use absolute reference.