Excel Lessons - Zero to Hero for Teachers and Office Workers
What you'll learn
- What to Expect - How to get the best from each class, what you will need, basic assumption.
- Introduction - Excel Workbook, Worksheet, Interface Explained (formula bar, rows, columns, name box ), Resizing rows and columns
- Cell Referencing made easy - Relative Cell Referencing and Absolute Cell Referencing
- Data Modelling Explained. Why is Excel Smart? Working with basic operators (+,*,/,-)
- Conditional Formatting of Cells in Worksheet
- Introduction to tables and charts - Design a budget template
- Charts in Excel - Bar chart, Pie chart, Line chart, Scattered (Bubble) charts
- Full chart customization, Chart elements explained, Chart styles, Format chart area
- Introduction to excel functions - SUM, MIN, MAX, AVERAGE, COUNT, COUNTA, COUNTBLANK
- Working with Text functions I - "CONCATENATION" and "&" operator
- Working with Text functions II - LEFT, RIGHT, UPPER, LOWER, PROPER, LEN, MID
- Data Sorting, Data Filtering, Freeze Panes
- Carry out Searches and Query in Excel
- Smart Excel tips and skills to speed up workflow inthe work place
- Lookup functions in Excel - Vertical lookup (VLOOKUP) and Horizontal lookup (HLOOKUP)
- Logical Excel Functions - IF, OR, AND, Nested IF
- Data summary in Excel - SUMIF, COUNTIF, SUMIFS, COUNTIFS
- Using PIVOT tables as a tool to summarize data - Dicing and slicing
- Data Sharing and Data Tracking in Excel - Working with comments and changes made
- Budget Estimates, Financial modeling, Setting up payment schedule (loan amortization)
- You will need a Laptop or a PC with any version of Excel installed in it
- No prior Excel knowledge is needed.
- A relaxed mind because Excel is about to be made EASY...hahaha
Some reasons why you should choose this Microsoft Excel Made Easy course
Carefully designed curriculum teaching you only the most used functionalities of Excel in school and office environments
You can complete this course within one weekend (it's just 4 hours )
Office-related and school-related examples and case studies with complementary tasks
More practical exercises because Excel requires practice
Your queries will be responded to by the Instructor. Just reach out.
Start using Excel to become a hero in your office or school! Let others come to you for help in Microsoft Excel ...?
Either you're a beginner at Excel, or you want to get more comfortable with Excel's advanced features. Either way, this course will be great fit for you.
Why should you choose this course?
In this course, you will find practical exercises that are integrated into your office or school environment. Real life scenarios.
What makes me qualified to teach you?
The course is taught by Cambridge ICT personnel (IGCSE and A' Levels) with over 5 years as a tutor
Teaching our students is our job and priority. If you have any questions about the course content, practice sheet, or anything related to any topic in this course, you can always post a question in the course or send us a direct message.
Download Practice files and complete Assignments
With each lecture, there is a practice sheet attached for you to follow along. Each section contains a practice assignment for you to practically implement your learning.
What is covered in this course?
This course covers everything you need to learn Excel in the professional workplace.
Below are the Excel course contents of this complete course on Microsoft Excel:
What to Expect - How to get the best from each class, what you will need, basic assumption.
Introduction - Excel Workbook, Worksheet, Interface Explained (formula bar, rows, columns, name box ), Resizing rows and columns
Cell Referencing made easy - Relative Cell Referencing and Absolute Cell Referencing
Data Modelling Explained. Why is Excel Smart? Autofill feature, Working with basic operators (+,*,/,-)
Conditional Formatting of Cells in Worksheet
Introduction to tables and charts - Design a budget template
Charts in Excel - Bar chart, Pie chart, Line chart, Scattered (Bubble) charts
Full chart customization, Chart elements explained, Chart styles, Format chart area
Introduction to excel functions - SUM, MIN, MAX, AVERAGE, COUNT, COUNTA, COUNTBLANK
Working with Text functions I - "CONCATENATION" and "&" operator
Working with Text functions II - LEFT, RIGHT, UPPER, LOWER, PROPER, LEN, MID
Data Sorting, Data Filtering, Freeze Panes
Carry out Searches and Query in Excel
Smart Excel tips and skills for professionals to speed up workflow in the work place
Lookup functions in Excel - Vertical lookup (VLOOKUP) and Horizontal lookup (HLOOKUP)
Logical Excel Functions - IF, OR, AND, Nested IF
Data summary in Excel - SUMIF, COUNTIF, SUMIFS, COUNTIFS
Using PIVOT tables as a tool to summarize data - Dicing and slicing
Data Sharing and Data Tracking in Excel - Working with comments and changes made
Budget Estimates, Financial modeling, Setting up payment schedule (loan amortization)
Go ahead and click the enroll button, and I'll see you in Chapter 1!
Why learn Microsoft Excel?
1. Microsoft Excel helps solve Organizing Data Problems
2. Microsoft Excel helps you get stuff done
3. Microsoft Excel will make you better at your job
How much time does it take to learn Microsoft Excel?
Microsoft Excel is easy but no one can determine the learning time it takes. It totally depends on you. The method we adopted to help you learn Microsoft Excel quickly starts from the basics and takes you to an advanced level within hours. You can follow the same, but remember you can learn nothing without practicing it. The practice is the only way to learn Microsoft Excel quickly.
What are the steps I should follow to learn Microsoft Excel?
1. Start learning from the basics of Microsoft Excel. The first 3 sections of the course cover the basics.
2. Once done with the basics try your hands-on advanced MS Excel. The next sections cover Advanced Excel topics
3. Next section will help you with some cool new tricks of Microsoft Excel.
4. Practice your learning on the exercise provided with every lecture.
What is the difference between the basic and advanced level of Excel?
At the Basic level of MS Excel a person
Can build excel formulas using: SUM, IF, AVERAGE, COUNT, ROUND
Is comfortable building excel formulas to manipulate text and dates
Understands and can use the Filter and Sort feature of Microsoft Excel.
Can create basic charts like Line chart, bar chart and pie chart
At the Advanced level of MS Excel a person
Can implement Excel LOOKUP Formulas like VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, Index, and Match
Can use conditional and logical formulas like IF, SUMIF, COUNTIF, OR, AND etc.
Knows what a Pivot Table is and how to build one.
Knows what an add-in is and how to install one.
Who this course is for:
Anyone curious to master excel from beginner to Advanced in short span of time
Who this course is for:
- Anyone curious to master excel from scratch (beginner to Advanced level) in short span of time
- Anyone who uses Excel for work or personal needs such as Sales Manager, Individual, Accountants ,Auditor, Financial Analyst, Information Clerk, Secretaries
- Primary teachers
- Secondary teachers
- Subject teachers
- Students of all levels (Primary, Secondary, Tertiary)
- IGCSE and A' Levels Candidates
Giving value is what I strive to do at all times. I have hosted and trained lots of individuals and staff of corporate firms (free and paid) on how to use Microsoft Excel to work more efficiently. Some of my trainings are either online or physical. I'm a Cambridge ICT personnel (IGCSE and A' Levels) from Lagos Nigeria. I have been working in the International Schools in Nigeria and additionally, in my spare time, I deal with creating content on YouTube to teach business owners how to make more sales. Running my E-commerce Store, building websites and running Facebook ads is what my business defines. I Know That You Will Enjoy All My Courses because I make Complex things look so easy to Understand.