Excel in Microsoft Excel 2013: Part I
- You should have access to the Microsoft Excel 2013 application on your computer to able to download and open the exercise files in order to follow along with the lectures.
This course covers the basics of Excel 2013 with over 90 short videos spanning over 6 parts. Each video will focus on a very specific skill with attached resources which will require your participation as the lesson is played out. These 2-to-6 minute lessons will help you, the student, to zoom in on exactly what you want to master, quickly and with ease. In Part I, you will learn 20 unique skills in Excel 2013, for example, in Lecture 9 you will go through the activity of Adding and Removing Worksheets in 2 minutes and 33 seconds, in Lecture 17 you will touch on the power of The Fill Handle in 5 minutes and 32 seconds and in Lecture 19 Changing Column Widths and Row Heights in 2 minutes and 48 seconds. The whole purpose of this course is to get you up and running in the shortest time. The lessons are succinct and to the point, without unnecessary clutter. Resources in the form of pre-formatted Excel documents have been made available for you to download and work along with the lectures. Each part of the course will cover an additional 20 to 24 unique skills, and by the end of Part VI, you will be able to handle all the basic requirements in working with Excel as well as setting yourself up for moving forward to the Intermediate/Advanced level content.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for beginners with no or very little knowledge of the basics of Microsoft Excel 2013. Students with a fair degree of Excel proficiency will find this course too basic for their needs but could serve as a refresher for the nitty gritty stuff that may have been forgotten.
- What's New and What to Expect in Excel 201301:31
- Excel is Workbook and Worksheets03:03
- The User Interface03:00
- The Quick Access Toolbar02:09
- Creating and Saving a New Workbook03:10
- Opening Workbooks and Save As Options02:41
- Saving and Opening OneDrive Files02:01
- Moving Around a Workbook02:58
- Adding and Removing Worksheets02:33
- Renaming. Copying, and Moving Worksheets03:37
- Entering Text, Numbers, and Dates02:04
- Entering Numbers as Text01:30
- Editing the Contents of a Cell02:07
- Undo and Redo Actions02:14
- Cut, Copy, and Paste04:10
- Dragging and Dropping Cells01:57
- The Fill Handle05:32
- Inserting and Deleting Cells, Columns, and Rows04:39
- Changing Column Widths and Row Heights02:48
- Searching for Values in a Workbook02:33
- Hiding and Un-hiding Columns and Rows02:49
I have a Post-Graduate degree in MBA (Finance) and a Degree in M & E Engineering. I spent 24 years of my 29-year career working for a Fortune 500 U.S. multinational corporation in the Supply Chain function. During my tenure, I was required to acquire skill-sets that would enhance my performance with the company. Courses in Personal Development, Effective Leadership, Microsoft Office, Quality Excellence, Environmental Protection & Occupational Safety Enhancement and in other business as well technical areas were made available and undertaken to add value to my capabilities as a Senior Manager. I am now an Online Instructor and Coach (with a Certified Instructor qualification) with a library of courses from my pool of hands-on knowledge, from the school of hard-knocks, as well as know-how in many subjects of interest, academic or otherwise. My personal objective is for you, the student, to get up to speed with the skill-set of interest to you, in a step-by-step and easy-to-understand manner within the shortest time possible, essentially separating the wheat from the chaff.