Excel for Beginners
- Yes! A passion to learn and improve! Moreover, the user should be able to use a PC at a beginner level. No prior experience of using Microsoft Excel is required as all the basics will be covered.
A couple of years ago at my first internship, I was turned down a rotation since my Excel was exceptionally weak. I didn't even know how to write a formula, and probably had never heard the term pivot tables before! That day, I realized that Excel is something I need to work on, and this realization initiated a passion and love for the software!
After spending countless of hours going through different websites and manuals, learning from my seniors, and delivering presentations to my colleagues, I believe that I have developed a certain level of proficiency with this tool.
I now want to help you out with your Excel skills without having to go through all that I went through! Quite literally, I just want 1 hour of your time! In fact one more thing, your passion, commitment, and practice! It really doesn't matter as to what you do, or what age you are. I believe that this course will help you develop an elementary proficiency in Excel that is required for some very advanced topics such as Pivot Tables, Vlookups, and VBA (don't worry if you too, have never heard of these terms before; I'll be covering these in detail in a separate course!)
So what are you waiting for? Let's go!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone willing to develop their Excel skills! In specific, people who need to use excel at work or school and want to develop a solid understanding of basic Excel principles.
- 02:11Fixed vs. Growth Mindset
- 04:11How to Open Excel
- 04:22Deleting Cells, Rows, and Columns
- 03:04Anatomy of Excel
- 04:33Cut, Copy, & Paste
- 04:59Font Changes & Format Painter
- 05:12More Alignment + Number Format
- 05:34Colors & Text Alignment
- 05:41Conditional Formatting
- 04:08Find & Select
- 04:23Sort & Filter
- 05:10Some More Options
- 09:33Basic Formulas + Error Handling
- 05:34Text Formatting
- 00:14Become a Patron!
- 00:49Free EBOOK
Hi there! I'm passionate about helping others and improving their everyday lives! Building on this passion, I intend to develop a series of courses that will help you both in your personal and professional life.
One of my instructors once said, "Everything is possible, provided that you know how". I'm here to reinforce that message and provide you with the skill-set that you need to excel.
I'm currently a graduate student pursuing my Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree from The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania and my Master of Public Administration (MPA) degree from the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University. Please feel free to reach out in case you have any questions.