Excel for HR Professionals - Bar Charts and Column Charts
What you'll learn
- Select and create the most appropriate chart for your data
- Change the type of chart and/or the data source of an existing chart
- From drab to fab...convert a basic chart into an eye-catching visual
- Create infographic-style charts by filling the bars with images and shapes
- Create a chart from a Pivot Table
- Copy and export charts created in Excel to other applications
- I designed this course for existing users of Excel who have little or no experience of creating charts.
- Although the course was recorded using the latest version of Excel 365 for Windows, you'll still be able to follow along if you use an earlier version of Excel
- Windows users should at a minimum, have Excel 2010. Mac users will need Excel 2016 or later
By the end of this course you'll have the knowledge you need to turn your numerical data into a set of engaging, attention-grabbing and easy-to-understand visuals!
"Every Picture Tells a Story" is a popular saying which is true not only in everyday life but in Excel too. Behind every set of numerical data is a story waiting to be told. The telling of this story needs to be succinct, easy to understand and engaging. For most people it's much easier to understand data, uncover important insights and make better decisions if that data is displayed in a visual way.
Drab-to-Fab. Engaging. Attention-grabbing...you can create a basic chart in Excel with a couple of mouse clicks or even a single keypress but the result is very plain and not at all engaging. This training will teach you how to make your charts more visually appealing so that they grab people's attention.
Infographics are a popular way of presenting data. After watching this course, you'll be able to convert a bland chart into an awesome infographic with just a few mouse clicks!
In many cases, charts created in Excel need to be copied to other applications such as PowerPoint, to be used in a presentation, or Word or a design application such as Publisher to be included as part of a report. On the surface it's a straightforward process but there's a few gotchas to watch out for which you'll learn about in the course.
Aimed at users who have little or no experience of creating charts in Excel, this training covers how to visually represent your data using two traditional chart types in Excel - bar charts and column charts.
Here's what you'll get:
Bite-sized, easy to understand and to-the-point training delivered by an instructor with over 30 years experience of working with and teaching Excel
A copy of all the Excel workbooks used in the videos so that you can follow along with the demonstrations
Who this course is for:
- HR Professionals who use Excel and wish to learn how to create eye-catching charts
Mike Thomas has worked in the IT training business since 1989. He is a subject matter expert in a range of technologies, his primary focus and passion being Microsoft Office (especially Excel) and Power BI.
In a career spanning 30+ years, Mike has delivered thousands of courses and produced hundreds of written and video-based Excel tutorials.
He is a Fellow of The Learning and Performance Institute and has worked with and for a large number of global and UK-based companies and organisations across a diverse range of sectors.
In addition to training, he also designs and develops Microsoft Office-based solutions that automate key business tasks and processes.