Excel for Data Analysis. Learn the Art of Excel Analytics.
- 4.5 hours on-demand video
- 2 articles
- 7 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Art of Data Analysis on the Real world data sets
- Data manipulation techniques and reporting to business users
- Ways and techniques to find the business insights from the raw data
- Data Visualisazations , Pivot , Vlookup etc
- Complex formulae , sorting and filtering with short cut keys
- Acquisition Analytics to find out which customer segment is the profitable
- Report making techniques for business users.
- Investment Case Study to identify the top3 countries and investment type to help the Asset Management Company to understand the global trends
- Students must be passionate about data
1. Learn basic and advanced functionalities of Excel.
2. Learn how to do data manipulation and analysis to solve real world business problems using case studies.
3. Start using pivot tables and Vlookup like a pro.
4. Start using built-in formulae in excel for the data analysis.
5. Learn how to find interesting trends in the real world datasets.
Real World Case Studies include :
Acquisition Analytics on the Telemarketing datasets : Find out which customers are most likely to buy future bank products using tele channel.
Investment Case Studies: To identify the top3 countries and investment type to help the Asset Management Company to understand the global trends
Data Analysis on Ireland Loan Datasets : Find out which customers are good or bad and who are likely to repay the loan.
- Beginners who are looking to enhance their data science skills
- Those who want to switch the career in data science
Formulae start with an equal sign '='. Recall that:
Cells are named as a combination of the respective rows and columns i.e. the cell at the intersection of Column A and Row 2 is named as A2.
Formulae can use cell references. Copy and Pasting formulae adjust the input cells references appropriately.
Double Click on the Autofill square at the bottom right of a cell to fill an entire range. Excel is smart enough to change the input references for each cell.
Keyboard Shortcut (Windows) Meaning
Ctrl + C : Copy
Ctrl + V : Paste
Ctrl + X : Cut
Ctrl + Alt + V : Open Paste Special Dialog Box
Ctrl + Z : Undo last activity
Ctrl + Y : Redo Last Activity
Ctrl + ↑ : Go to the top of a column
Ctrl + ↓ : Go to the bottom of a column
Ctrl + → : Go the right(end) of a row
Ctrl + ← : Go to the left (beginning) of a row
Shift + Arrow Keys (← ↑ → ↓) : Select cells in the direction of movement
Shift + Ctrl + Arrow Keys (← ↑ → ↓) : Select all cells in the direction of the arrow keys
E.g.: Shift + Ctrl + ↓ : Select all cells from current cell to the bottom of the column
Ctrl + S : Save
Ctrl + P : Print
Ctrl + Shift + L : Filter
Discover shortcuts by using Alt keys
○ E.g.: Alt + P + V - Show Print Preview
○ E.g.: Alt + H + S + F - Filter
Telemarketing Case Study:
The datasets contains information of abount 45000 customers and their historical reponse to products offered by bank.The objective is the find those segments who are likely to purchase bank products in future.
This is the most common analytics across the industries . The usual purpose is the increase the sales of the products and reduce the cost of marketing . Instead of calling everyone and trying to sales , the tele-marketing channels will call only few customers and make as much sale.