Excel Data Validation For beginners
- Users should be familiar with Microsoft Excel.
- Users should be familiar with basic functions in Excel such Sum and Count.
This course teaches students how to use the Data Validation feature in Excel to create rules that can control the inputs to Excel Workbooks.
This helps users eliminate bad data inputted by other people.
Students will learn how to controls numbers such as Integers and Decimals inputted by other users.
Students will learn techniques for creating data validation lists to restrict inputs to a list of values.
Students will learn how to apply date and time controls to restrict date and time inputs on their workbooks.
Students will learn how to apply text controls to control text inputs on their workbooks.
- Excel users who want to learn how to control inputs on their workbooks using data validation
- Data Validation for Integers and Decimals
- Lists Intro
- Changing the position of an Item in a list and adding new items
- Creating Hierarchies 1
- Creating Hierarchies 2 - Adding tables to the mix
- Creating an Input Message
- Creating a custom error alert
- Data Validation Lists-Exercise
- Simple Date Controls
- Custom Formula Date controls 1
- Custom Formula Date Controls 2
- Simple Time Controls
- Custom Formula Time Controls
- Date and Time Controls - Exercise
- Simple Text Controls
- Custom Text Controls - Preventing Extra Spaces in entries
- Custom Text controls -Making sure entries have a certain prefix
- Exercise - Text Controls
- Preventing Duplicates
- Limiting the Total
- Custom formula tricks - Exercise
- Locating Data validation rules
- Data Validation Shortcomings
- Locating Violations
- More from Abdelrahman!
Hi, I'm Abdelrahman and I'm an Excel Lover :)
I have a Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering.
I Worked as MIS and Reporting Analyst in Vodafone International Services In Egypt for 3.5 years.
I have more than 5 Years of Experience in Excel including building Dashboards and VBA.
I have created numerous dashboards in my company and automated tens of reports.
I love learning new things and my main learning method is through self-learning by watching video tutorials.
I love Excel and I'm trying to share the love with everyone else !