Excel Data Validation For beginners
- Users should be familiar with Microsoft Excel.
- Users should be familiar with basic functions in Excel such Sum and Count.
This course teaches students how to use the Data Validation feature in Excel to create rules that can control the inputs to Excel Workbooks.
This helps users eliminate bad data inputted by other people.
Students will learn how to controls numbers such as Integers and Decimals inputted by other users.
Students will learn techniques for creating data validation lists to restrict inputs to a list of values.
Students will learn how to apply date and time controls to restrict date and time inputs on their workbooks.
Students will learn how to apply text controls to control text inputs on their workbooks.
- Excel users who want to learn how to control inputs on their workbooks using data validation
- Data Validation for Integers and Decimals04:36
- Lists Intro03:41
- Changing the position of an Item in a list and adding new items03:32
- Creating Hierarchies 106:17
- Creating Hierarchies 2 - Adding tables to the mix04:56
- Creating an Input Message02:22
- Creating a custom error alert03:35
- Data Validation Lists-Exercise00:51
- Simple Date Controls02:05
- Custom Formula Date controls 104:05
- Custom Formula Date Controls 205:39
- Simple Time Controls03:39
- Custom Formula Time Controls07:16
- Date and Time Controls - Exercise01:19
- Simple Text Controls00:53
- Custom Text Controls - Preventing Extra Spaces in entries03:56
- Custom Text controls -Making sure entries have a certain prefix06:14
- Exercise - Text Controls00:40
- Preventing Duplicates05:46
- Limiting the Total01:44
- Custom formula tricks - Exercise00:40
- Locating Data validation rules01:34
- Data Validation Shortcomings02:23
- Locating Violations03:06
- More from Abdelrahman!00:21
Hi, I'm Abdelrahman and I'm an Excel Lover :)
I have a Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering.
I Worked as MIS and Reporting Analyst in Vodafone International Services In Egypt for 3.5 years.
I have more than 5 Years of Experience in Excel including building Dashboards and VBA.
I have created numerous dashboards in my company and automated tens of reports.
I love learning new things and my main learning method is through self-learning by watching video tutorials.
I love Excel and I'm trying to share the love with everyone else !