Visually Effective Excel Dashboards
What you'll learn
- How to approach an Excel dashboard project from idea to delivery
- How to add interactivity to your Excel reports - No VBA required
- Impress management with reports that make the decision-making process faster
- Clever use of Excel core functionality for responsive spreadsheets
- Learn how to create a professional KPI dashboard from scratch
- Create impressive, non-standard Excel charts using smart techniques
- Build Pivot Table-based dashboards for easy interactivity
- Use powerful visual techniques so your content has more effect
- A computer or laptop with Windows (some techniques might not work on Mac)
- You are able to write basic formulas and are familiar with the Excel spreadsheet environment
- Demonstration is done with Excel 2016 but the techniques work with any version of Excel - unless stated in the individual videos
Creating an impressive, interactive Microsoft Excel Dashboard from scratch is not easy!
I used to stare at my empty sheet and wonder where do I even start?
You need a structured process in place to go from idea to outcome in a smooth way.
You'll find out all about it in the course. We setup two fully functioning dashboards from scratch.
This course doesn't just teach you a set of functions and features, but how you can use them together to create impressive reports.
It teaches you how to approach a new Dashboard project and how to structure your work so maintaining the dashboard becomes very easy not just for yourself but for anyone else.
★ Note: Course recently updated to include the OFFICE 365 & OFFICE 2021 version of the KPI dashboard. You can download that version if you have Office 365 and see how you can use FILTER, SEQUENCE, XLOOKUP and other newer Excel functions to create the dashboard ★
What students are saying
"This course provides a lot of great tips which you can immediately apply to your spreadsheets, no matter what standard of user you are. I have been working in excel for a number of years and I am amazed at the number of simple tips I have learnt in such a short time. Fantastic." -- Carl Postians
"I learned something new and very useful in the first 10 minutes...awesome!" -- Nancy Bowens
What you learn
This course teaches you to create well-designed Excel dashboards so you and your colleagues can see trends and make quick decisions informed by data.
This Microsoft Excel Dashboard course comes with templates, tools and checklists that can be applied directly to your Excel reports.
Excel dashboard & Report templates
Checklists and design guidelines
Excel workbook to follow along
What differentiates this course from the other Microsoft Excel Dashboard courses?
The entire process from idea to delivery - every single step without skipping key points.
Tried-and-trusted techniques that are not only applicable to Excel dashboards but any Excel report.
Includes Excel templates, tools and checklists that you can use for your own Excel reports.
Relevant and up-to-date with industry needs right now, as it’s based on feedback and suggestions from finance professionals.
Lots of ideas and inspiration to help you come up with own report design
Complex topics are taught in a simple way by an instructor with 17 years of experience.
The course is designed to have an even balance between talking head and screen-cast.
Content is clearly organised so more advanced learners can jump in at any point and follow along with the relevant project file.
Who this course is for:
- Business Professionals who use Excel to create dashboards and reports
- Data analysts
- You currently use Excel and want to improve your skills
- You'd like to learn how to create interactive reports
- You'd like to improve the design of your existing Excel reports
Leila Gharani is a Microsoft MVP (Most Valuable Professional) dedicated to helping you create outstanding tools and reports in Excel & Google Sheets. Her courses are for those who want to shine at work, accelerate their careers and achieve more in less time.
Leila' background is Masters in Economics, Economist, Consultant, Oracle HFM Accounting Systems Expert & Project Manager. For over 15 years she has worked in the Finance and IT departments implementing reporting systems based on Oracle and SAP. All the while using Excel VBA to automate and improve processes.
Since 5 years, Leila runs her own site and has an active YouTube channel with many engaging, high quality videos. She provides customized spreadsheet dashboard seminars and enhanced visualization techniques to large corporations. She also teaches at the University of Applied Sciences in Upper Austria.
Her courses include examples based on her experience as well as the consulting work she has done for international companies. Many of the Excel tips and tricks she shares is based on the questions received from experienced professionals in her Excel training sessions.
She places great value on keeping her courses not only informative but also engaging. For this reason, students will find enough challenges, exercises and downloadable files to practice so they can maximize the value gained from each course.
Leila's passion is learning, sharing and solving difficult data analysis problems.