Excel with Interactive Excel Dashboards
What you'll learn
- I teach you the 5 key questions to ask in the planning stage of your report so you get it right first time.
- Learn how to choose the right chart for your data; I teach you over 20 charts and show you which type of chart will best display your data.
- Learn how to write reports that are easy to read and interpret; plus I share with you a heat map of your page that shows you where your most important data should go and where will get the least attention.
- Be able to build Dashboards that are quick and easy to update, in fact they can update themselves (imagine being able to confidently say that in an interview), by pulling in data direct from your external database, Microsoft Access, the web etc. at the click of a button if you set them up right (I show you how).
- Animate your charts with some simple VBA code that I teach you how to edit to suit your charts. If you want 'Wow factor', this is it.
- Learn how to create reports that are fully interactive so the reader can change the view themselves; they can filter by product, time period or any parameter you choose, they can show and hide data using check boxes, drop down lists, and option buttons to name a few.
- Get your skills up to date with our supplementary Excel tutorials on PivotTables, Lookup and conditional logic formulas, macros and more.
- Ideally you already know how to use Excel and are familiar with basic formulas and how to build them. You’ve created basic charts using the standard ones available in Excel, and you’re familiar with Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts but not an expert.
- You need Excel 2007 or later so you can open the workbooks and practice what you learn.
- Mac users - this course is recorded in Excel for the PC. If you're a savvy Mac user then you will still benefit from this course and be able to map the menus you see in the tutorials to those on your Mac. I have had many Mac users successfully take this course.
Excel Dashboards are a powerful tool to communicate and summarize complex Excel data.
The price of this course reflects its value and I'm confident you'll get results. Just read some of the unsolicited testimonials I've received:
- "Financial Analyst - $52,500 (before taking your course)
- Sr. Financial Analyst - ($60,000) After finalizing my dashboard
- Sr. Business Analyst - ($70,000) Start that this Monday
Taking your course has honed my skills and led to two promotions and a reputation. I am also energized to learn more. James C"
"I originally signed up for this as continuing professional education for my CPA license but I have learned so much, easily more than any other technical class I've taken in years. Thank you for a wonderful class, you are a great teacher. Dielle B"
Dashboards can be created to summarize important information and are excellent for sharing a “snapshot" view among teams.
Master the Creation of Interactive Excel Dashboards and Learn to Build and Distribute Dashboard Reports From the Ground up.
- Advanced Features
- Design and Display Principles
- Interactive Controls
- Analyzing Data
- Automating your Dashboard so it updates in seconds
Impressive Content that Will Provide Insight, Analysis and Alerts Dashboards are fully interactive and dynamic and can help with project management, customer service, retail management, financial forecasting and much more.
In order to learn Excel Dashboard students should have access to Excel 2007 or later. Students should also be familiar with putting together any type of report in Excel to be able to apply the time saving and visualization techniques taught here. Students should be able to build and apply basic formulas in Excel as well. Pivot Table and Pivot Chart knowledge is helpful, but expertise is not necessary to take this course.
Contents and Overview This course includes 107 lectures and over 11 hours of content + 5 sample Excel Dashboards in order to give students a working knowledge of utilizing Excel Dashboard visuals to communicate their data.
3 hours of the tutorials are optional supplementary Excel lessons and only for students who need to fill any knowledge gaps.I don't waffle on, my tutorials get to the point so you're up to speed fast.
Included are all the workbooks from the course which contain extensive notes, so you don't have to worry about taking notes while watching the tutorials. You can use the workbooks to practice what you learn and as a quick reference guide later on.
The course covers advanced features of Excel Dashboards, such as display and visualization principles for clear dashboard creation, using interactive controls to keep information informative and relevant, analyzing and automating information for a fully functional and complete dashboard. It also includes key considerations for distributing dashboards like password protections, locking and unlocking cells and protecting workbooks.
Upon completion, students will have a variety of techniques and examples that can be applied to their own datasets. Students will be able to choose the right chart for their data, write easy to interpret reports, know which areas of the dashboard will get the most attention, animate charts using VBA, create interactive reports (so users can change views and filter information), among a host of other abilities taught in this course.
Who this course is for:
- This course is not for complete beginners because building Dashboards, and I mean proper interactive dashboards in Excel, requires some intermediate to advanced skills.
- Any course that says it’s for ‘All Levels’ is either going to cover a load of basics you probably already know, or it won’t get to the advanced topics that are going to make your dashboards truly dynamic and interactive.
- I know everyone is at different levels of Excel ability, which is why I’ve included a load of optional supplementary Excel lessons so you can fill in any knowledge gaps, like PivotTables, lookup formulas, Conditional Formatting etc.
- I recommend this course for people who have put together any type of report in Excel before, as you will definitely benefit from the time saving tips and data visualisation techniques I share with you.
Mynda Treacy is a qualified accountant and has been working with Excel since 1995, and sharing her knowledge on her Excel blog since 2010.
In 2014 she was awarded Microsoft Excel MVP for her contribution to the Excel community.
She also teaches several highly acclaimed Excel courses at her website, My Online Training Hub, including an Excel Dashboard Course and Excel Expert course .
Her courses incorporate real business scenarios drawn from her accounting background and work experience in multi-national companies in London.
Her teaching style is to the point with practical examples and files you can download for reference later on.
She doesn't waffle on just to make the course long. She'd rather get you up to speed quickly because she knows that what you really want is to know how to do this stuff, not spend hours watching videos.