Excel Crash Course: VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, and LOOKUP Functions
What you'll learn
- Replace lengthy nested IF functions in Excel spreadsheets
- Return information associated with a lookup value from a table
- Identify the location of a lookup value within a table
- Basic computer usage skills involving the mouse and keyboard
- Access to Microsoft Excel version 2013 or newer
- Minimal proficiency with Excel including absolute and relative references, as well as the use of functions
VLOOKUP is one of the most requested Excel function tutorials that I've received in over eight years of providing corporate training in Microsoft Excel. All too often, professional Excel users get caught up in inefficient and problematic workflows, and nested conditionals (nested IF statements) are certainly towards the top of the list. Learn to solve this, and other problems, by utilizing the VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, and LOOKUP functions.
Some of the abilities you'll gain by understanding these functions are:
Eliminate nested conditional (IF) statements
Pull data from disjointed or broken tables
Allow for autofill even when a reference table is transposed
Create scalable drop-down validation lists
Who this course is for:
- Excel knowledge workers looking to advance their skillset
- Data analysis and reporting professionals who work with Excel
- Excel spreadsheet creators, maintainers, or users.
Chase Raz is an instructor of digital marketing and business technology at Full Sail University and a corporate trainer for Polk State College's Corporate College. Chase has almost a decade of experience teaching business and technology topics to a wide array of adult students; from college students to executives. It is Chase's mission to help others achieve their desired success within business. Chase also owns RCR Business Ventures, a firm specializing in venture development.
A.B. Gamma is the leading corporate training solution from RCR Business Ventures. A.B. Gamma provides business and technical training for business owners, executives, knowledge workers, and almost all other types of professionals. The "Chase Raz" brand of training is the flagship training product from A.B. Gamma.
Visit the website or social media accounts provided for A.B. Gamma to learn about more courses and other training resources, as well as to contact Chase.