Excel Basics - Data & Text Manipulation
What you'll learn
- Data manipulation techniques.
- Formulas to manipulate text such as Upper, Lower, Proper, Left, Right, Mid, Contatenation, Concat, TextJoin
- Small intro to the use of Pivot Tables
- How to use the Text To Column feature
- Delimiters 101 - General versus Text
- Basic working knowledge of Excel
In this course you'll learn how to:
Quickly identify and remove duplicate records
Break up data using the Text To Column Feature
Learn when to use the General & Text format
Understand how to join data from multiple cells using
Learn Text manipulators
Left, Right, Mid
Upper, Lower, Proper
Gain a basic understanding of the Conditional Format feature to identify duplicate records
Gain a practical understanding of Pivot Table Basics
Learn Page Layout Best Practices
Who this course is for:
- Beginner level through advance students.
- Anyone that works with Excel.
- Anyone in a Business Analyist, Project Manager, Data Entry, Customer Service role, or in Accounting & Finance
Resourceful and innovative professional with over 10 years of accounting experience leading a world-class, shared services organization. Proven track record of executing a broad range of cost-saving and revenue-generating efficiencies. I have experience with system implementations, managing accounting migration projects, and change management. That experience has resulted in hundreds of hours of Excel data scrubbing and analysis.