Excel 2019: From beginner to intermediate (MOS cert MO-200)
- Before beginning, you will need to know how to use a Windows computer, including a mouse.
- It would be good if you have used Microsoft Excel before, but this is not essential.
- You should have the latest version of MS Excel installed on your computer. This is Excel 2019 or Office 2019, or the version of Excel included in the Office 365 subscription.
This course series has been recorded entirely on Excel 2019. By the end of this course, you will have the skills that Microsoft want you to know at an intermediate stage. You could even go for the official Microsoft Excel Specialist exam. How would that look on your resume?
Reviews of my previous course:
"The teacher explains very well and at a good pace. Has real in-depth knowledge. The exercises are precise and well put together for the course. And the language sheets are invaluable to those that use other language than English version. I highly recommend this course. It goes thru most of the basic knowledge needed for Excel. Once again The teacher is excellent" -- Daniel Sandberg
"This is super helpful to me. I'm learning things I didn't know existed in Excel." - Jimmy Thrower
"I had to take an Excel proficiency test as a job interview requirement , and scored top 10% percentile (they called me immediately to schedule a face-to-face) , thanks to your great course for which I studied for two days straight to re-enforce my knowledge in Excel, and more importantly fill those gaps of knowledge on all its functionality capabilities . You really get the MOST out of Phillip's courses." - Rick Romero
In this 11 hour course, learn how to:
Create and manage worksheets and workbooks
Create and navigate in Excel worksheets and workbooks,
Format worksheets and workbooks,
Customize options and views, and
Configure Excel worksheets and workbooks for distribution.
Manage data cells and ranges
Insert data into and format cells and ranges, and
Summarise and organize data in Excel .
Create and manage tables,
Manage table styles and options, and
Filter and sort a table.
Perform operations with Excel formulas and functions
Perform conditional operations, and
Format and modify text.
Excel Formulas such as COUNTIF, SUMIF, MIN etc. are translated into 15 different languages.
Create charts and objects
Format graphic elements, and
Insert and format objects in Excel .
This course teaches all the skills that Microsoft want you to know. Specifically, they are the skills required to undertake the Microsoft Certificate MO-200 (for Excel 2019) and will be useful if you wish to take the exam, or wish to learn more about Microsoft Excel
The core skills which are taught are those tested by Microsoft in the exam. There are topics that it wants you to learn about Microsoft Excel, and this course teaches you all of them.
Each module is taught in order, and is divided in sub-topics, and generally each sub-topic will have an individual lecture lasting 5-7 minutes.
The course will take about 10 hours to complete, plus will you need additional time to test yourselves to ensure that you have learned the necessary skills.
This is what Microsoft says about the MO-200 certification: "An individual earning this certification has approximately 150 hours of instruction and hands-on experience with the product, has proven competency at an industry associate-level and is ready to enter into the job market. They can demonstrate the correct application of the principal features of Excel and can complete tasks independently."
You should take this course if:
you want to learn more about Microsoft Excel, or
you want to learn the skills you need to become a certified Microsoft Office Specialist: Excel Associate.
- This course is for you if you want to develop your Microsoft Excel skills.
- This course will use the latest version of Excel 2019, but is ideal for you if you use any modern version - Excel 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 or 365.
- This course is also for you if you use an older version of Microsoft Excel, but want to learn the newer versions.
- This course is for you if you want to become certified in Microsoft Excel, as by the end you should the knowledge to because certified as a Microsoft specialist, if you wish to do so.
- You will cover the content tested in the Microsoft Office Specialist exams including Exam 77-727 (for Excel 2016 Core)
- This course may not be for you if you want to learn Microsoft Excel for Macintosh computers.
- Welcome to Udemy
- Introduction to Udemy
- Creating new blank workbooks
- Entering data
- An introduction to fonts and highlighting
- Saving and closing your workbook
- Practice Activity Number 1
- Practice Activity Number 1 - The Solution
- Creating new workbooks using templates
- Menus and toolbars
- Managing multiple workbooks
- Importing files and Opening non-native files directly in Excel
- Adding worksheets to existing workbooks
- Copying and moving worksheets, and changing spreadsheet order
- Saving workbooks in alternate file formats
- Maintaining backward compatibility
- Saving files to remote locations
- Using basic operators
- Order of operations
- How to enter numbers and dates in Excel
- Referencing cell ranges in formulas
- Solution to the above exercise
- Practice Activity Number 2
- Practice Activity Number 2 - Solution
- End of Level 1
- Searching for data within a workbook
- Using Go To and Using Name Box
- Hot Keys
- Changing worksheet tab colour
- Inserting and deleting columns and rows
- Undo and Redo
- File Management tips
- Adjusting row height and column width
- Hiding columns and rows
- Selecting multiple ranges
- Practice Activity Number 3
- Practice Activity Number 3 - Solution
- Hiding worksheets
- Customising the Quick Access toolbar
- Customising the Ribbon
- Assigning shortcut keys
- Recording simple macros
- Managing macro security
- Changing workbook views
- Using zoom
- Adding values to workbook properties
- Displaying formulas
- Freezing panes
- Splitting the window
- Practice Activity Number 4
- Practice Activity Number 4 - The Solution
- Printing individual worksheets
- Printing an entire workbook and printing a selection
- Setting a print area
- Page setup, Part 1 (first two tabs)
- Page setup, Part 2 (Repeating headers and footers)
- Adding dynamic text to headers and footers
- Inserting watermarks
- Page setup, Part 3 (Headings etc.)
- Configuring workbooks to print
- Inspecting your workbook prior to distribution
- Practice Activity Number 5
- Practice Activity Number 5 - The Solution
- Copying and pasting basics, and Utilising references (relative, mixed, absolute)
- Practice Activity - multiplication table
- Answer - multiplication table
- End of Level 2
Phillip is a Computing Consultant providing expert services in the development of computer systems and data analysis. He is a Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist. He has also been certified as a Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert for Business Intelligence, Microsoft Office 2010 Master, and as a Microsoft Project 2013 Specialist.
He enjoys investigating data, which allows him to maintain up to date and pro-active systems to help control and monitor day-to-day activities. He has also developed expertise and programmes to catalogue and process and control electronic data, large quantities of paper or electronic data for structured analysis and investigation.
He is one of 9 award winning Experts for Experts Exchange's 11th Annual Expert Awards and was one of Expert Exchange's top 10 experts for the first quarter of year 2015.
His interests are working with data, including Microsoft Excel, Access and SQL Server.
Filecats is dedicated to creating video courses on Udemy in a variety of computer-related topics, such as SQL in its different dialects and Microsoft Office.
Are you wanting to a new skill from the beginning? Or are you wanting to build on an existing skill? In either case, welcome.
Our courses are available on Udemy at any time, so you can watch them whenever you like, as often as you like.
For many of our courses, if you master the skills taught, you are able (if you wish) to take (and hopefully pass) the official certification offered by Microsoft, Tableau or other companies. Wouldn't that look good on your CV or resume?
This could make the difference between getting a promotion, or a more rewarding job.
Filecats courses are dedicated to enabling you to succeed.