Excel: From beginner to intermediate
- Before beginning, you will need to know how to use a Windows computer, including a mouse.
- It would be good if you have used Microsoft Excel before, but this is not essential.
- You should have the latest version of MS Excel installed on your computer. This is Excel 2019 or Office 2019, or the version of Excel included in the Office 365 subscription.
What do others like you think of this course?
"Prior to doing this course Excel has always scared the heck out of me! I never expected to learn so much and am amazed by all the things that can be done using excel. It's so much more than just formulas! The course is really well presented and makes the whole learning experience comfortable and enjoyable. Thank you so much for putting together such a great course. I've already signed up to the intermediate to advanced excel course and I look forward to learning more about Microsoft Word in the future too... I imagine there are all orts of neat little tricks that I had no idea about!" -- Adam Shipley
"Phillip is a brilliant teacher of Excel . His explanations are clear , in-depth and very comprehensive" - xlongFx
"Awesome organization of course and well presented. I really loved the course. Of course as I am using excel for many years in work I was quite aware and using many features, but there are many details which helped me to polish my excel skills." - Manjunath Hirennavar
In this 11 hour course, learn how to:
Create and manage worksheets and workbooks
Create and navigate in Excel worksheets and workbooks,
Format worksheets and workbooks,
Customize options and views, and
Configure Excel worksheets and workbooks for distribution.
Manage data cells and ranges
Insert data into and format cells and ranges, and
Summarise and organize data in Excel .
Create and manage tables,
Manage table styles and options, and
Filter and sort a table.
Perform operations with Excel formulas and functions
Perform conditional operations, and
Format and modify text.
Excel Formulas such as COUNTIF, SUMIF, MIN etc. are translated into 15 different languages.
Create charts and objects
Format graphic elements, and
Insert and format objects in Excel .
The course will take about 10 hours to complete, plus will you need additional time to test yourselves to ensure that you have learned the necessary skills.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for you if you want to develop your Microsoft Excel skills.
- This course will use the latest version of Excel 2019, but is ideal for you if you use any modern version - Excel 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 or 365.
- This course is also for you if you use an older version of Microsoft Excel, but want to learn the newer versions.
- This course is for you if you want to become certified in Microsoft Excel, as by the end you should the knowledge to because certified as a Microsoft specialist, if you wish to do so.
- You will cover the content tested in the Microsoft Office Specialist exams including Exam 77-727 (for Excel 2016 Core)
- This course may not be for you if you want to learn Microsoft Excel for Macintosh computers.
- 00:35Welcome to Udemy
- 02:00Introduction to Udemy
- 01:10Do you want auto-translated subtitles in more languages?
I Teach with Udemy. I have been teaching on Udemy since 2015, and I have over 380,000 students and more than 40 video courses, including over a dozen Bestseller courses.
My courses include Power BI, Tableau, SQL Server, Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate, etc.), Azure, Microsoft Office, and more. Many of my courses follow requirements for official Microsoft certifications - so with a bit of practice, you could enter the exam and put it on your CV or resume.
I have been a Computing Consultant providing expert services in the development of computer systems and data analysis. I am one of 9 award winning Experts for Experts Exchange's 11th Annual Expert Awards. My interests are working with data, including Microsoft Power BI, Excel, Access, SQL Server, and the Power Platform.
Filecats is dedicated to creating video courses on Udemy in a variety of computer-related topics, such as SQL in its different dialects and Microsoft Office.
Are you wanting to a new skill from the beginning? Or are you wanting to build on an existing skill? In either case, welcome.
Our courses are available on Udemy at any time, so you can watch them whenever you like, as often as you like.
For many of our courses, if you master the skills taught, you are able (if you wish) to take (and hopefully pass) the official certification offered by Microsoft, Tableau or other companies. Wouldn't that look good on your CV or resume?
This could make the difference between getting a promotion, or a more rewarding job.
Filecats courses are dedicated to enabling you to succeed.