Excel Power Map: A Power BI Tool for Reporting Professionals
What you'll learn
- Look at information in new ways using Excel’s 3-D data visualization tool Power Map
- Plot more than a million rows of data visually on Bing maps in 3-D format from an Excel table or Data Model in Excel
- Gain new understandings by viewing your data in geographic space and seeing time-stamped data change over time
- Capture screenshots and build cinematic, guided video tours that you can share broadly engaging audiences like never before. Or export tours to video and share them that way as well
- Excel 2010 or 2013 installed in the computer
- Office 365 subscription will help students a lot, but it is not required.
Teaching 11 Courses on Excel and Data Analysis!
OVER 25,000 visitors visit my blog ExcelDemy dot com every month!!
OVER 15,000 successful students have already taken my online courses since November, 2015 with 375 total Reviews!!!
Course Updated: Nov 01. 2016
Welcome to my course on Microsoft Excel Power Map, a new mapping extension for Excel 2013 and Office 365, and is a part of the Excel Power BI extensions.
At the end of the course, you will be able to look at information in new ways using Excel’s 3-D data visualization tool, Power Map. A power map lets you discover insights you might not see in traditional 2-D tables and charts.
With this Excel Power Map course, you will learn to plot geographic and temporal data on a 3-D globe or custom map, show it over time, and create visual tours that you can share with other people.
What you will learn from this course:
Mapping data: You will be able to plot more than a million rows of data visually on Bing maps in 3-D format from an Excel table or Data Model in Excel.
Discovering data insights: you will gain new understandings by viewing your data in geographic space and seeing time-stamped data change over time.
Sharing visual stories: You will be able to capture screenshots and build cinematic, guided video tours that you can share broadly engaging audiences like never before. Or export tours to video and share them that way as well.
This course is designed for professionals who make reports and presentations in regular basis for their companies. Excel Power Map is an extremely powerful reporting tool. Sometimes we need to get sales reports and we want to identify regions and patterns of sales related to the customers. Acquiring working knowledge in Excel Power Map will take your reporting and presentations to a new high.
Thanks for your interest in my Excel Power Map course!
Who this course is for:
- Reporting Professionals
- Data Visualizer
- Financial analysts
- Who loves data visualization
Love to see you here.
I am Kawser Ahmed, father of two beautiful angels (Marissa and Arissa), a full-time data analysis blogger (using Excel & other tools), corporate Excel trainer, & entrepreneur.
I love to make courses in the combination of both theory and practice.
Monthly 2.5 million Excel users visit our Excel blog ExcelDemy (follow the website link in the profile).
I love to learn and teach (teaching from my eighteen)!
Visit my blog.
You will find plenty of useful posts, articles, video tutorials, and important Excel resources.
What I love most is: add some value to people around me, believe me.
Here are some of my working areas:
1. Corporate Budgeting, Planning & Forecasting
2. Mission-critical financial processes
3. Month-end close processes
4. Big Data Analysis using Excel
5. Company Reports (Sales, Marketing, Administrative)
6. Large Projects using Excel VBA
7. Dashboard Design using Excel
8. And Basic Accounting
I am always around you to help and support.
Just contact me.