Examining MBTI through a Leadership Lens
What you'll learn
- Students will understand the dynamics and developmental options in aligning their personality type with an effective leadership style.
- Possess a mindset for learning including: optimism, persistence, flexibility, resilience and empathy for fellow learners.
Understanding the correlation between one's personality and leadership style is the basis to the start of achieving professional aspirations, formulating a strategy to be a guide and as a resource to aid in the development of both effective and reliable leadership skills. These steps are built upon a solid foundation for an understanding of MBTI personality type, leadership theories and the associated leadership preferences with each of the sixteen personality types. Students will become familiar with MBTI theory, personalities, popular leadership styles, leadership techniques and methodologies to develop oneself and others.
- Explore and develop strategies to identify a personal leadership style.
- Understand the value and steps to exploring personality impact on leadership.
- Develop individual approaches for leadership development.
- Understand methods to increase effective leadership skills.
- Understand and make personal choices to develop oneself into a servant leader.
- Recognize the value of MBTI within the realm of one's professional life.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone can take this course
Tracy Atkinson, mother of six, lives in the Midwest with her husband and spirited long-haired miniature dachshunds. She is a teacher, having taught elementary school to higher education, holding degrees in elementary education and a master’s in higher education. Her passion is teaching, researching, studying and enjoying time with her family. She has published several titles, including MBTI Learning Styles: A Practical Approach.