Essential Data Science: Database and ETL With Python
What you'll learn
- Getting started with Python application development and database
- Working on with file I/O, Text, CSV, Excel, JSON and XML
- Reading Files from HTTP Website ( Included Web Authentication)
- Reading Files from Server-Based S3 Protocol
- Accessing Python applications to Multiple Databases such as SQLite, MySQL, SQL Server and PostgreSQL
- Accessing Python applications to Multiple NoSQL Databases such as MongoDB, Redis and Apache Cassandra
- Building ETL applications with various scenario
- Having a basic knowledge of Python programming
- A computer with internet accesses
Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) is a process to process various data sources to be targeted data sources. ETL is one of required skill in data science to implement pre-processing and/or post-processing. This workshop is designed for anyone who wants to improve ETL skills.
The workshop will focus on the following data sources
We start to learn for basic I/O files and directories. We can copy and delete files or directories. Next, we explore how to access various file types such as Text, CSV, JSON, and XML. In addition, we access remote data source over website and server-based S3 protocol.
We learn how to work with RDBMS database with Python. We use RBDMS database engines such as SQLite, MySQL, SQL Server and PostgreSQL. We perform CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete). We also access database table from Python Pandas. Then, we can convert Python Pandas Dataframe into database table.
We can leverage ETL with NoSQL database engines. We will work with MongoDB, Redis and Apache Cassandra. We perform CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete) on these NoSQL database engines. We also access NoSQL database from Python Pandas. Then, we can convert Python Pandas Dataframe into NoSQL database.
Last, we implement ETL Python program. We have three case studies to show how ETL work with Python.
This workshop needs a basic Python programming to follow all hands-on-labs. Internet access is needed when we’re installing additional Python libraries.
These contents will updated and maintained
New contents will be available for specific cases
Who this course is for:
- Student and professional developers
- Any developer who wants to learn Python and database
- Any developer who wants to learn ETL with Database
Agus Kurniawan is a lecturer, researcher, IT consultant, and author. Hold a Bachelor of Electrical Engineering and Master degree in Computer Science (focused Machine Learning). He has more than 20 years of experience in various software and hardware development projects for various companies. He worked at Fraunhofer, Germany, and Samsung Research Indonesia Institute as visiting researcher. He also worked at Hewlett-Packard as technology consultant.
He also has been delivering training and workshops. He has been awarded the Microsoft Most Valuable Professional award for 17 years.
He is interested in topics related to software engineering, machine learning, embedded system, Internet of Things, networking and security systems. He is founder of MakersID, IlmuDataID, Ilmu Data Youtube Channel.