Learn ETL Testing With Informatica PowerCenter Today
What you'll learn
- Learn ETL testing and get a promotion/new job
- Data warehousing Concepts
- Normalization of data
- ETL process with some transformations
- ETL testing process with test scenarios
- How to test the scenarios with examples
- What issues can impact the data quality of data in a data warehouse
- Much more...
- Student should have hands on experience and knowledge to SQL
- Student should be familiar with data warehousing concepts and ETL tool
- Software required: Oracle SQL-Developer (free) & Informatica PowerCenter
The Primary objective of this course to make you familiar with ETL testing concepts.
The course starts with data warehousing concepts, as that is required before you start testing the data in data warehouse.
You should be well versed is SQL (RDBMS query language), hence this tutorial has a brief introduction to SQL and normalization to structure data in a database.
You will learn how to test the loaded data by ETL process after transformations. After you finish the tutorial, you can start creating a set of test cases for your ETL mapping and build your own queries to execute them.
All sections of the course will have relevant exercises for you to do, so you can practice your new skills.
WHAT IS ETL TESTING?
ETL stands for Extract-Transform-Load. It is a process of loading data from the source system to the data warehouse.
ETL testing is done to ensure that the data loaded from the source system to a data warehouse (after transformations), is accurate.
TOP 3 BENEFITS OF LEARNING ETL TESTING
- ETL testing professionals are in high demand in the market. Tools like Informatica PowerCenter, IBM Infosphere Information Server, Oracle data Integrator,etc. are in huge demand in the Industry and there is no sign of this trend should stop growing anytime soon.
- ETL testing Jobs are generally well payed and include many benefits.
- Learning ETL testing will improve your data analytical skills.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is it easy to get a job in ETL testing?
I would say it is "easy". But if you have the right knowledge (like this course) and SQL experience, it should not be much of a problem to get a good ETL testing job in various companies. The future of ETL Testing is very bright. There will always be a need to store data for analysis, for any organizations that has large amount of transactions.
What skills are required before I opt for ETL testing?
ETL is all about playing with large data in database. You must have good knowledge of database structured query language (SQL), and knowledge of data warehousing concepts. A short refresher to SQL will be given in the course.
If within 30 days of buying the course you decide that it's not for you, please get a Udemy-backed refund. No questions asked — just press the refund button, and all of your money will be returned to your credit card.
ARE YOU READY TO LEARN ETL TESTING?
Please press the "Take This Course" button and start learning 2 minutes from now!
Who this course is for:
- Beginners who want to get job on ETL Testing quickly
- IT professionals with very basic knowledge on Database concepts
- Developers that wants a increased salary
- Project Managers, Database Professionals, Mainframe Professionals, SQL Developers
TAKE YOUR IT CAREER TO THE NEXT LEVEL
A career in the IT field is one of the best, most profitable and future proof paths that you can take.
While manufacturing jobs are being killed off by automation and globalization, the need for IT professionals is steadily increasing.
But traditional IT education is expensive.
A four year degree can cost you hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not more.
That's why, we've made it our mission to create quality IT education that's accessible, affordable and fun.
The Startup Central is the best place to go for online, hands on, college grade education at a fraction of the cost.
We only work with elite specialist to create high quality classes on IT, programming and business.
We look forward to working with you.
Hi, I am Tuhina Mehta, a certified Oracle PLSQL Developer.
I have experience of more than 5 Years working on PLSQL and Unix shell scripting.
My past experience include creating application code (packages/procedures/functions), data migration integrated with Unix for a renowned bank.
Apart from my IT career, I like to spare some time as an IT instructor as I believe in sharing my knowledge.