Estimates in Agile software development
- 1 hour on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- How to estimate in story points
- Types of estimates and differences between them
- Estimation techniques for Scrum framework
- Key concepts about estimates in Kanban
- Key concepts about estimates in Waterfall methodology
- How to communicate the estimates between management and technical team
- Techniques for prioritizing features
- “Tips and Tricks” and “Best practices” suggestions for better estimates
- The correct terms to use when giving estimates
- Very basic concepts of web development in order to understand the examples we use.
In this course, you’ll learn to do great time estimates for Agile software projects. We’ll focus on Agile methodology and more specifically on the Scrum framework. I included also some techniques from traditional project management - the Waterfall methodology - and also a section about estimates in Kanban, another popular Agile framework.
- Junior Project Manager that switches from Waterfall methodology to Agile
- Software developer working in an Agile team who wants to better understand time estimates
In this lecture, you’ll learn what is the “Cone of uncertainty” and how we use it in estimates.
In this lecture will discuss who are the estimators of a software project and how different kinds of estimators give their estimates.
This lecture is a short introduction to the Scrum framework, from the estimates point of view. We’ll discuss the roles, artifacts and ceremonies related to estimates.