Essentials of Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) Business
What you'll learn
- Create basics of solid business and marketing strategies for SaaS companies.
- Learn the essence of what does it mean to be in SaaS business compared to traditional software.
- Learn the key KPIs and metrics that matter in SaaS world.
- Learn the history and reason why the field of SaaS is so well developed nowadays.
- You should be familiar with Business Administration terminology (such as budgeting, revenue etc).
What is Saas?
Have you ever heard about Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)? This field is a part of the IT industry, in which vendors deliver so-called “on-demand” software. Lecturer Robert Barcik is going to take you through all the essentials of this lucrative business area. In recent years, many companies have proven how the lucrativeness of this field. On the other hand, we can observe a high failure rate among SaaS start-ups. Why is this happening? What is it that these start-ups should do better?
Knowledge from experts
While creating this course, we have not only reviewed tons of materials that have been written about SaaS, but as well, we interviewed 13 SaaS companies. Some of the interviewees described for us how they failed, while others told us some of their secrets and how they succeeded.
Content and Overview
The course starts with absolute basics - defining what SaaS is, and how this field emerged. The course will, later on, proceed to advanced topics such as Business Metrics or Lean Start-Up Approach as these belong under SaaS-specific business strategies.
Important: This course does not teach the programming aspects of the field, instead covers the business side.
Who this course is for:
- Marketers and business executives who wish to enter SaaS field.
- Graduating students who consider their first intership in SaaS company.
- Motivated marketers who are considering a change in career path into SaaS.
- This course is NOT for people seeking to enhance their coding skills, it is a business and marketing course.
HI! My name is Robert, and I have always had two personalities - data scientist and instructor. As a data scientist, I spent five years in Swedish academia and five years within Austrian banking groups. During these years, I understood that having an intuitive and authentic understanding of the field counts the most to deliver worthwhile projects. As for my instructor persona, you can hear my voice on numerous platforms that helped thousands of students grow into the topics of data science, research, business, and math. Examples include several universities, MBA programs, localization of KhanAcademy, and even custom-tailored corporate training. Nowadays, I hope to liberate and democratize the knowledge of the fields I love as much as possible! I am looking forward to sharing my knowledge and passion with you the same way I did with hundreds of business professionals and data scientists that I trained.