Essentials of Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs)
- Basic familiarity of business relationships and contracting process is helpful
(Note: this class is for educational purposes. It does not constitute legal advice, nor does it create an attorney-client relationship.)
The confidentiality or non-disclosure agreement (NDA) is one of the most common agreements in the business world. In this introductory course, you'll learn about some key provisions, typical contexts, and use cases for NDAs such as acquisitions, employment and consulting arrangements, partnerships, and joint ventures. You'll build a great foundation for learning the topics covered in more advanced courses.
Featuring AltaClaro expert instructors Julie Ryan (Partner, Acceleron Law Group; law professor) and Stephen Kaplitt (Kaplitt Legal Consulting).
Who this course is for:
- Entrepreneurs looking for a better understanding of NDAs.
- Business managers and executives looking for a better understanding of NDAs.
- Law or pre-law students looking for a better understanding of NDAs.
- Employees or contractors looking for a better understanding of NDAs.
- 01:55Introduction and Overview
- 1 questionBasics
- 03:46Why, When, and With Whom Do We Need an NDA?
- 1 questionNDA Context
- 02:10Timing and Process
- 02:00Interplay Between NDA and Other Documents (LOIs, Contracts)
- 02:08Example (In Context)
- 02:09Form and Format
- 1 questionNDA Format
- 03:00Standard Provisions
- 01:51Parties & Business Purpose
- 01:47Lecture 9: Example (In Context)
- 01:41Definition of Confidential Information
- 1 questionCI Definition
- 04:21What's Included in CI
- 02:00What's Excluded from CI
- 01:07Scope of CI
AltaClaro, the leader in innovative learning solutions for law and business, offers a unique educational platform leveraging machine learning, personalization, and contextual delivery and distribution of learning modules (short videos, interactive assessments, mock transactions and matters, and online interactive feedback sessions with experienced practitioners from the AltaClaro Learning Network) to allow learners to gain vital practical skills on-demand. For more information, please visit the altaclaro website. All instructors are experienced practitioners in the field of instruction.