What you'll learn
- Students will learn how to skillfully communicate so as to cultivate understanding and connection
- Students will learn the skills of active listening to instill empathic confidence in the other person
- Students will learn how to deconstruct defensiveness and grow in their emotional awareness
- Students will learn how to resolve relational conflict through assertive communication
- No previous training in communication or psychology required
Do you experience conflict in your personal life or professional life? The difficulties which you experience can be improved through learning more effective ways of communicating. In this course, students will learn practical ways to communicate effectively so as to facilitate compassion and understanding in their communication. Students will learn how to use specific emotional language to communicate how they are feeling in a way that will result in feeling heard, and how to listen to the other person in a way that will help the other person feel heard as well. Additionally, students will also learn how to identify and avoid pitfalls which prompt defensiveness in themselves as well as in their listener.
Whether you are in a relationship and you desire to have less conflict, improved intimacy and emotional connection, or you are a professional and desire to have enhanced influence and effectiveness, the principles in this course are designed to help you to be a more effective communicator so as to achieve your personal and professional goals.
This course is ideal for individuals that are desiring to improve their relationships or professional effectiveness through learning how to better communicate. This course can be completed by both individuals and couples.
Who this course is for:
- Individuals that desire to enhance communication and connection in their personal relationships
- Individuals that desire to strengthen the effectiveness of their professional communication
- Individuals that desire to increase their effectiveness in leadership and influence
Dr. Jeremiah L. Peck is an Assistant Professor of Counseling at Western Seminary in Portland, Oregon, a Board Certified Nationally Certified Counselor, Board Certified Approved Clinical Supervisor, a published author, and sought after speaker on topics of mental health, relationships, and wellness. He is the director of Ally Academy NW, in Vancouver, Washington, and has empowered individuals, couples, families, groups, and companies all over the country to achieve their goals.