Essential Japanese for Travel for Beginners
What you'll learn
- Ask basic questions and understand basic answers in Japanese related to travel
- Speak to hotel staff, ask for directions, order food, and more
- Hear how native Japanese speakers pronounce the vocabulary and phrases
- See how what you've learned can be used in real life with role playing examples between a native and non-native Japanese speaker
- Ability to understand English
- No previous Japanese knowledge is required
- Internet access
- A printer if you would like to print the downloadable PDFs
Are you planning to travel to Japan but are worried about the language barrier? Then this is the course for you!
In this course, you will learn useful phrases for the airport, hotel, ordering at a restaurant, asking directions and more!
Each section consists of the 4 main parts below:
Key vocabulary that will help you during your travels
Phrases specific to the topic of each section
Many phrases will have an example conversation between a native and non-native Japanese speaker so you can see how that phrase might be used in a real world situation
A quiz after each lecture so you can test yourself on what you learned
✨ As a bonus we have included PDF's that you can print and bring with you on your trip as well as audio files if you want to practice on your own!
Your instructors are Ashley and Yuki. Ashley has studied Japanese and Japanese culture for a total of 10 years. She lived in Japan for 3 years with her husband Yuki who is a native Japanese speaker from Japan.
Ashley handles the English explanations while Yuki will be pronouncing most of the Japanese vocabulary and phrases so you can hear exactly how a native Japanese speaker would pronounce them!
We will be available to answer questions you may have as you go through the course. Please leave your questions in the course Q&A and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
Please watch the promo video to learn more about the course and about Ashley and Yuki! We are looking forward to helping you on your Japanese learning journey!
✨ 10/19/19 update: We added word search worksheets to each section for extra vocabulary practice! (you will need a printer to print them off)
Who this course is for:
- Total beginners at Japanese who want to learn key phrases and vocabulary for traveling in Japan
- Beginners at Japanese who want to review before going to Japan
- Students who want to learn some simple Japanese vocabulary and phrases even if you aren't going to Japan anytime soon!
- This course is not for intermediate or advanced Japanese learners
JpLaunch is a Japanese learning company that was founded in 2017 by Ashley with her husband Yuki.
Ashley has studied Japanese for 10+ years and has lived in Japan for three years with her husband Yuki who is Japanese. She has experience working in Japan as an English teacher and a Tokyo guide for tourists!
Ashley teaches our courses while Yuki provides native Japanese pronunciation. Our goal is to help people learn about Japan and the Japanese language.
JpLaunch is also active on social media. Follow us on YouTube, Instagram and FaceBook!