Essential Digital Tools for Student Engagement
- 2 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Use Mentimeter—a marvellous application to create variety of engaging classroom activities
- Use Poll Everywhere—a fantastic application to capture student attention in the classroom
- Use selected free web-based tools to create fun and interactive learning activities
- Become an effective learning designer for the 21st century classroom
- Become a highly engaging trainer for corporate training
- Learners should be comfortable using a web browser.
Engaging and motivating students are always very challenging task faced even by seasoned educators. To make matter even more challenging is the fact that the average concentration span of adult learners are very short (around 9 seconds). Therefore it is incumbent upon the educators to find ways to gain the learners attention using creative strategies such as interactive learning activities in the classroom.
You may have heard people say something like this: “You don’t need to be very good with technology to do very good things with technology.” That’s the basic premise and promise of this course. This course will introduce several free web-based digital tools that can be used to design interactive learning activities that are simple and fun yet elegant and impactful.
The advantages of using web-based tools are very obvious: no download and installation are required. Most of the web-based tools are also easy to use. In this workshop, several tools will be covered that would help educators to create interactive learning activities such as ice breaking session, brainstorming, discussion, reflection, and much more.
- Educators (teachers, lecturer, faculty)
- Corporate trainer