More Essential Cooking Skills
What you'll learn
- Master more advanced cooking techniques which can then be used to create an endless variety of dishes.
- Understand the HOW of cooking, before thinking of the WHAT to cook.
- Learn the ...DEF of cooking to international standards. The basic skills covered in the course are: cooking beef fillet, rack of lamb, duck breast, veloute sauce, creamy omelette, deboning chicken, making a French onion soup, cooking fish stock, tomato concasse, mushroom duxelles or making French fries cooked three times.
- All a student needs in order to benefit from this course is a genuine passion for cooking and interest in building sound technical skills in the kitchen.
When one takes up cooking, the amount of information, recipes and suggestions can be overwhelming. It's easy to get lost in a sea of recipes, to spend time pondering WHAT to cook and miss one of the most important aspects when it comes to preparing a great meal - the HOW. The real success of a dish comes from correct preparation techniques just as much as it comes from high quality ingredients, flavour combinations or creative plating.
I started this great journey in 2017, with the first course, Essential Cooking Skills, Key Techniques - part1. In this course I gathered some more of the most important techniques that any cook, anywhere in the world, be they amateur or professional, absolutely needs to use in his kitchen. They have been developed and perfected over generations by professional chefs and, for many years, have been set as golden standards in international cuisine.
I have done my utmost to make this an effective and pleasant experience for every student by combining clear practical demonstrations and useful information. This is just the second of a series of courses to follow, which I will develop taking into account all the feedback from my students and the topics they are interested in.
Notice: the second lecture of the curse is a written document containing general guidelines of the course and measurements in both metric and imperial systems.
Who this course is for:
- The course is addressed to both amateur and young professional cooks who want to start their journey in the kitchen from a solid foundation of cooking techniques and methods.
Viorel is a professionally trained chef, with a long and diverse experience, prior to finding his personal mission in the kitchen.
He studied journalism, worked in marketing for more than 10 years, reaching top management positions, then chose cooking as a vocation. He ran a successful culinary blog, two restaurants (one in Bucharest and one in Bahia, Brazil) and then completed his studies at one of the most prestigious culinary schools in the world - Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Institute of London.
Viorel has facilitated numerous cooking demonstrations and practical workshops, both for professional cooks as well as for amateurs. He regularly hosts private lunches and dinners in his culinary studio in Bucharest and frequently facilitates team-cooking experiences for groups - large and small - in various companies.
He works closely with different corporate partners, creating experiential events with extremely diverse themes - creative pairings of wine or beer with outstanding food, exploring ethnic cuisine, discovering certain ingredients or cooking techniques.
Viorel believes that it is part of his mission to pass on his deep passion for the art of cooking, as well as the know-how he has gathered over many years of loving labour in the kitchen. This is how the Udemy course series was born.