Essential Business Data Manipulation Using Python and Pandas
What you'll learn
- Real World Business Data Analysis Data Science using Python Pandas Library Functions using data from Excel
- How to use Python and Pandas to create replicable automated dataset manipulation workflows export to Excel
- How to use Python as an alternative to Excel data wrangling for data analysis and data science
- Learn object-oriented programming using Python
- Understand how Python Pandas functions work
- Understand the difference between Series and Dataframes
- Understand how to clean data using Python Pandas Functions
- Python Anaconda installation
- Basic knowledge of programming or coding concepts and logic
In this course, I will help you to simplify and automate your data analysis and data science tasks using the Python and the Pandas library.
These lectures are the result of my personal crash course in Python programming learning experience. I have recently changed jobs and have had the opportunity to learn Python programming to analyse and manipulate data. I have compiled some essential techniques as well as tips to make sure you understand how Python object-oriented programming works.
I am a real world finance professional and I have compiled these lectures on the basis of my experience in my actual job. We will go through the basics as well as some more advanced techniques to help you create a more streamlined process of data manipulation. We will mostly be working with CSV and Excel files, however we also discuss how to import data in other formats.
We start with a background of Python programming language as well as the Pandas library. We will also go through essentials of using the Jupyter Notebooks programming environment. We will then explore ways to import data, and then go through a multitude of examples on how to inspect and manipulate data. We also discuss how to clean data using string functions, as well as how to avoid errors when creating or adding data. Finally, we will look at how to summarise and then export our cleaned and finalised data.
Who this course is for:
- Those wanting to explore alternative data analysis data science manipulation software aside from Excel
- Beginner Python Pandas data analysts data scientists
- Students that don't have much time to learn Python Pandas
- Transitioning students from SAS or SQL to Python Pandas
- Students that want to automate Excel spreadsheets with Python
I have over 12 years working in the finance industry. I have recently changed jobs and have had the opportunity to learn programming with Python using the Pandas library. I had to teach myself the Python programming language and I'm sharing with you the basics as well as some more advanced scripts which I have accumulated over the past months. I used to work heavily using SAS however, the change in jobs meant I had to teach myself Python. It was very tough and frustrating at first, however once I have become more comfortable, I was so happy with what I have accomplished. Python is a very powerful programming language, and I'll be sharing with you all the tips and tricks that I have gathered so far.