Essay Essentials: Improve Your Academic Writing
- For ESL students, an IELTS score of 7.0 or above is recommended, but a 6.0 may be sufficient.
- Basic knowledge of how and what sentences and paragraphs do
Writing essays can be intimidating. Often, this is because we don't know what the teacher wants. As a teacher, I understand what that is. Using my experience teaching and tutoring essay writing at various colleges and remembering my experience as a student, I'll help you find the essay writing success you deserve through learning the foundations of essay writing.
Write successful essays by learning:
- How to use classroom resources
- The Writing Situation
- The Writing Process
- How to Revise effectively
- Easy Editing Tips
Learn how to develop and organize:
- Introduction Paragraphs
- Body Paragraphs
- Conclusion Paragraphs
- The Entire Essay
...Using color-coated examples that show every step
Practice and Use your writing knowledge with:
- 5 quizzes
- 3 writing activities
- A downloadable essay example guide
Who this course is for:
- High School or College students who struggle with essay writing or need to prepare for it.
- Returning college students who need to review essay concepts or who struggle with essay writing.
- English as Second Language (ESL) students who will write essays in High School or College
- Anyone intested in learning more about academic essay writing.
- 02:02Who I am and What I do
- 02:34Why Writing Essays is Worth it
I love teaching because I love to learn. Because I love to learn and teach, I know how institutional education can get in the way of students learning. That is a problem I've addressed in my experience of over 6 years of teaching online and traditional classrooms at post-secondary institutions and over 10 years of online and in-person tutoring on writing ranging from sentence level to paragraphs and from academic argument essays to analytical literature essays. It's why I'm here teaching online.
I teach to help any student's English courses be more understandable, meaningful, and even easier through remembering my experience as a student, through experience with one on one tutoring, using pedagogical theories from my Master's program focused on English Composition, and through my current experience and perspective as a college professor, tutor, and learning specialist.