Make an IOT robot car with Blynk app & ESP8266
- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- 6 articles
- 12 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Build an IOT video streaming Robot that can be controlled by a self created mobile app
- Learn to program IOT device like ESP12E NodeMCU 1.0 board
- Learn to interface a ESP motor driver Shield with ESP12E NodeMCU 1.0
- Learn Blynk to make a free app over iOS or Android phone
- Learn Robotics
- Learn Internet of things IOT though a robot
- Get introduced to the wonderful world of DIY Robotics
- Learn how to interface a light sensor with your robot
- Having two basic smart phone (one for camera mounted over the robot & one for control)
- Any 2 wheel robot platform with DC motors and one light sensor
- A basic laptop with 2 GB RAM
- Basic programming skills in C
- Having an internet connection Wifi
If you wish to get started with IoT based robotics and wish to learn via making (not by theory) then this is your course.
1. Build a working IoT robot car
2. Learn the sweet spot where hardware meets software in Industry 4.0 to get skilled for IoT jobs
3. Learn how to use Blynk to create your own mobile app controller
4. Multiple free previews available, no risk, 30 days money back gurantee.
Average ratings is 4.2 stars on this course from 91 countries and over 1300 students.
MieRobot has designed this IOT Robotics project course as an opportunity for you to get introduced into low cost 'Do it yourself ' (DIY) robotics. This is also a great chance to get skilled in IOT with a certificate from Udemy.
By the end of the course, you will have created an ESP12E NodeMCU wheeled robot that can be controlled through a free Blynk mobile app and you will also be able to see the live video feed as the robot moves around. We will attach one light detecting sensor to the robot which would tell us if the robot can sense a dark or bright ambience.
But more than that, by the end of the course you will have become a better problem solver. You will have experience in analysing problems and designing solutions. You will be able to integrate simple mechanical parts with motors, batteries, sensors and Blynk applications with your mobile.This course will be updated regularly and support would be provided through QA forum.
The ideal student is someone who has basic background in C programming along with a strong interest in Internet of things and robotics. This course is suited for students, professionals, hobby makers and DIY makers.
I invite you to review the free lectures in of the course to find out more details about it.
If you are excited about becoming a Maker with the IOT Robotics, join many other Makers and me in Make an ESP12E IOT Robot!
I look forward to meeting with you!
# Last updated 22/03/2019
What you’ll learn
Use ESP12E board for IOT
Use ESP12E motor shield to drive DC motors
Implement a 2-wheel robot structure
Design a Blynk mobile app to control our robot without coding
Use Light sensor for our robot
Use IP camera mobile app with our robot
Test our robot to see live video stream and control it as a spy robot
You can see the final outcome of this course in the last section testing where there is a free preview.
Hardware needed (see section on things needed as free preview)
ESP12E NodeMCU (less than $5)
ESP 12E motor driver shield (less than $4)
Basic 2 wheel robot chassis kit (less than $11)
Light LDS sensor (less than $3)
4 AA battery (less than $3)
Others wires, Usb cable, tapes(less than $4)
Are there any course requirements or prerequisites?
Basic understanding of C programming and electronics like voltage, current, ground etc
The hardware components needed to build the course robot (see section 1 for details)
Basic tools like a screwdriver, mobile holder, double sided tapes, basic robot chassis etc (see section 1 for details)
A computer with 2 GB RAM which can run Arduino IDE
The Arduino IDE (free download),Blynk app (free) & IP Cam app (free)
Two Mobiles (data plan is optional as we will use a Wifi)
Who this course is for:
Arduino/Raspberry Pi Makers looking for a challenging but rewarding project in ESP12E
Professional willing to tinker with IOT
Robotics DIY (do it yourself) makers
Makers who want to improve their understanding of IOT through a low cost DIY (do it yourself) robot
Mobile app building with Blynk app
- Any one willing to learn IOT and robotics through a hands-on approach
- DIY Makers and tinkers
- IT professionals
- Software and digital professionals
- Product engineers,Software engineerings, software consultants
In this lesson we will see what is a robot and one important mis-conception on robots.
Our Robot architectecture. You would need two mobiles but no data plan or SIM card is needed. You can use a spare or old mobile for this course. Our achitecture is simple but impactful.
In this lecture we will look at things that we will need to assemble the IOT robot. The lesson includes a pdf which you can download as a checklist.