IoT Application Development with ESP Rainmaker
What you'll learn
- Learning the use of commercial IoT Platforms, and discover the popular platforms out there with their benefits and limitations.
- Getting to know how you can make your own custom IoT Solutions with ESP Rainmaker, which is an open source IoT Platform provided by Espressif Systems.
- Learning deeper into how the ESP Rainmaker C++ code operates.
- Learning how to use the features of ESP Rainmaker such as Scheduling, Automation and Google Assistant & Alexa Integration
- Building Practical projects such as Smart Light, Temperature warning system and Smart AC remote.
- Basic C++ coding skills (using Arduino IDE or otherwise)
- ESP32 development board
In this course, you will learn how to build your own IoT devices using ESP RainMaker - an IoT platform specifically designed to work with ESP32 devices. Whether you're interested in building custom devices for your smart home or want to manufacture your own IoT devices, this course is the perfect starting point for you.
In the first section, you will learn about IoT platforms, what they are, and why we need them. We'll compare ESP RainMaker with other popular IoT platforms to understand its benefits and limitations. Next, we'll get hands-on with the ESP RainMaker App and learn how to connect our devices to it. Then, we'll explore the different sections of an ESP RainMaker code and how to get started with your own RainMaker Project. We'll also cover the various types of devices that can be connected to the platform.
In the following section, we'll dive deeper into ESP RainMaker and explore how to push sensor readings to the RainMaker cloud, and how to schedule and automate your devices through the app. Finally, we'll integrate ESP RainMaker with Google Home and Alexa ecosystems.
In the second part of the course, we'll put everything we've learned into practice by building three guided projects. We'll start by building a smart light with a relay, followed by a high-temperature warning indicator and finish with a Smart AC remote that can convert a regular AC to a smart one. These projects cover a wide range of applications of ESP RainMaker, but there are countless more possibilities you can explore with this platform.
By the end of this course, you will have the skills and knowledge to create your own customized IoT devices using ESP RainMaker and ESP32, and take your first step towards building smart devices for your home or business. So, let's get started!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested to produce their own custom IoT devices for personal or commercial purposes.
Magicbit is a Sri Lankan product designing company which promotes the next level of education required for the future world. The company, is a startup found in August, 2019 from the enterprise incubator of University of Moratuwa. The Magicbit team is comprised of highly qualified professionals from engineering background. The first milestone in the journey of producing Srilankan products for learning, prototyping, coding, electronics and solution designing was the flagship product ‘Magicbit’ which is an integrated development platform with hardware and software support. This is a perfect tool for innovation and explore creativity while experimenting on new concepts of electronics, robotics and IoT.