ESG Materiality Assessment
What you'll learn
- Understanding the concept of materiality in ESG Management
- Identifying the appropriate stakeholders and and ways to engage
- Knowledge to conduct Materiality Assessment and how to create Materiality Map
- Gainining a deeper understanding of the principles of materiality and how to apply them
- Selecting frameworks that are most suitable for your business' materiality issues
- Gaining the necessary knowledge and skills to effectively integrate international standard into your organizations’ operations into
- Basic understanding of Corporate ESG
- Basic business management skills
- Basic understanding of business operations
To make good decisions and actions, an organization and its stakeholders need to understand the issues that are important to the organization's sustainability performance. However, in order to determine what is important, a process for assessing materiality is essential. The purpose of this assessment is to ensure that complete and balanced information is captured and analyzed.
In this course, participants will get a thorough understanding of the benefits and applications of the materiality assessment and how it helps not only organizations but also all relevant internal and external stakeholders. We will also dive into the designing steps of materiality assessment survey, stakeholder identification process, designing assessment survey, evaluation and interpretation of survey results with materiality matrix, we will also learn about how to form industry specific materiality assessments to create a meaningful and effective process. We will shortly also talk about double materially which is another topic rising in the literature currently.
This course has 6 learning objectives:
• Understanding the concept of materiality in ESG Management
• Identifying the appropriate stakeholders and ways to engage
• Knowledge to conduct Materiality Assessment and how to create Materiality Map
• Gaining a deeper understanding of interpreting the survey results
• Selecting sectoral assessment criteria frameworks that are most suitable for your business' materiality issues
• Gaining knowledge on double materiality
By the end of this course; You will gain the necessary knowledge and skills to create your own materiality assessment journey and integrate it into your organizations’ business and non-business operations.
Who this course is for:
- Business strategy consultants
- Forward-thinking business leaders
- Anyone looking to develop their businesses and attract business partners, financing or investment
- Anyone that deals with Sustainability and ESGs in any capacity within any company/institution
- Business Students
- ESG report writers
- Business Development Professionals
Mehmet is a senior Sustainability professional and senior social business consultant, currently working with Corpera Consultancy based in Brussels and Istanbul. He is dedicated to promoting sustainable development, he has years of experience working in this field with businesses, NGOs, education institutions and he has a strong passion for integrating sustainability, companies, community and technologies. He is also an active writer, writing and publishing articles on topics related to sustainability and ESG, business sustainability transition and innovative technologies.
Key competence areas Sustainability Reporting (ESG), Board Evaluation, Corporate Governance, social management, community engagement and stakeholder engagement.
He aspires to bring sustainability, community and companies together and inspire more people for a better future for all.