Escape Your Cooking Nightmare
What you'll learn
- How to overcome your fear of hiring a babysitter
- How to eliminate overwhelm and find time in your busy day to hire a babysitter
- How to attract your dream babysitter and where to find them
- How to interview your candidates to find the best fit
- How to overcome your anxiety of having a babysitter in your home
- How to kickback and enjoy time to yourself now you have childcare help
- How to manage the ongoing relationship with your dream babysitter
- No prior experience finding childcare help needed. You'll learn everything you need to know to find your dream babysitter.
I was burnt out from cooking every night after work with my screaming toddler hanging off my back.
I remember one night during dinner, after a long day at work, I struggled to cook even a one-pot meal. I was completely checked out at the dining table. Instead of chatting with my husband and enjoying motherhood with my toddler, I plotted my escape. I thought, "What if I ran away to Denver for one day? I wouldn't have to wrestle my one-year old while begging to change his poopy diaper. Or deal with the piles of old mail that have sat on the entryway table for months."
At the time, I didn't realize how avoidable this thinking was. All I knew was I felt trapped, like I couldn't breathe.
We went home to visit my parents for a few weeks during the holidays, and they helped me look after my toddler for 30 minutes here and there. Nothing radical—I was always at home with them. They didn't do any diaper change. They didn't even hold him (my kid would never let them pick him up). But even those few minutes of childcare gave me the mental break I didn't realize I desperately needed. I felt more productive during the rest of the day. I enjoyed time away from my kid and got to miss him. I appreciated the time we spent together much more because I could focus on playing with him instead of rolling my eyes and plotting to get away from him.
I knew I needed babysitting help once we returned home. I wish I could say it was straightforward to find help, but I had to go through some mishaps and detours before I found someone great. The first babysitter I hired made being a parent much easier. That babysitter has since moved on, but I've used the same process to find replacements.
I went from frazzled to a lighter, more joyful parent. My husband even teases me about how chatty I am at dinner time these days. He often mentions, "I can tell you got some childcare help today, didn't you?"
In this course, Escape Your Cooking Nightmare, I show you the same process I go through to find a babysitter quickly and painlessly. You'll learn how to eliminate overwhelm, identify your dream babysitter, and find time in your busy schedule to interview them and eventually hire them.
I include the sample job descriptions you can copy and paste so you can quickly post an ad. I have customizable scripts for interviewing candidates and worksheets to save your time in your search.
Most importantly, I'm there every step of the way to guide you with tiny baby steps. I provide a Requirements versus Priority framework that helps you significantly save time so you can find the right person faster. I've already transformed my life by getting childcare help. I would love to help you transform yours. Check out my course description. And then join me in finding your dream babysitter.
Who this course is for:
- Overwhelmed parents who struggle to cook dinner and complete other personal tasks while looking after their little ones
- Working parents who want copy-and-paste strategies to make the process of finding a babysitter easy and drama-free
- Busy parents who feel intimidated by the process of finding childcare and want a step-by-step process to find their dream babysitter.
Hi! I write on my food site, Garlic Delight, where I help overwhelmed parents feed their little ones. I believe in making dinner less stressful, focusing on recipes you know like the back of your hand, and avoiding guilt when you buy pre-made foods. Parenting is hard enough. Let's make cooking easier. If you used to love cooking and now it feels like a chore, I can help you rediscover your passion for home cooked meals again.