Deep Dive Into Equity Swaps
What you'll learn
- Understand what equity swaps are all about and how / why they exist
- Describe the features and functions of equity swaps, and how they operate in the financial markets
- Determine pricing and valuation issues of equity swaps
- Evaluate various swap structures and variances
- Apply portfolio diversification using swaps to mitigate or take financial risk
- Explain how equity swaps, rainbow swaps and variance swaps operate
- Knowledge of the English language
- Participants are expected to have basic math knowledge coming into this course
- A financial calculator is recommended to get the most out of this course
This course will give you a broad overview of this rapidly-evolving section of the derivatives markets. Swaps in general will be introduced, and then the course will segue into an introduction to equity swaps, look at the various details of the contracts, the applications that market participants use them for, as well as pricing and valuation issues.
This course contains 18 lectures divided into5 sections, including:
Introduction to Equity Swaps
Equity Swap Contracts
Equity Swap Structures and Applications
More about this course and Starweaver
This course is led by a seasoned capital markets industry practitioner and executive with many years of hands-on, in-the-trenches financial markets sales, trading and analysis work. It has been designed, produced and delivered by Starweaver. Starweaver is one of the most highly regarded, well-established training providers in the World, providing training courses to many of the leading financial institutions and technology companies, including:
Ahli United Bank; Mashreqbank; American Express; ANZ Bank; ATT; Banco Votorantim; Bank of America; Bank of America Global Markets; Bank of America Private Bank; Barclay Bank; BMO Financial Group; BMO Financial Services; BNP Paribas; Boeing; Cigna; Citibank; Cognizant; Commerzbank; Credit Lyonnais/Calyon; Electrosonic; Farm Credit Administration; Fifth Third Bank; GENPACT; GEP Software; GLG Group; Hartford; HCL; HCL; Helaba; HSBC; HSBC Corporate Bank; HSBC India; HSBC Private Bank; Legal & General; National Australia Bank; Nomura Securities; PNC Financial Services Group; Quintiles; RAK Bank; Regions Bank; Royal Bank of Canada; Royal Bank of Scotland; Santander Corporate Bank; Tata Consultancy Services; Union Bank; ValueMomentum; Wells Fargo; Wells Fargo India Solutions; Westpac Corporate Bank; Wipro; and, many others.
Starweaver has and continues to deliver 1000s of live in person and online education for organizational training programs for new hires and induction, as well as mid-career and senior level immersion and leadership courses.
If you are looking for live streaming education or want to understand what courses might be best for you in technology or business, just google:
starweaver journey builder starweaver[dot]com
Who this course is for:
- Analysts and associates in commercial, corporate and investment banking
- Capital markets and financial markets professionals looking to expand their product knowledge
Starweaver is an education company comprised of hundreds of leading instructors based around the world. Our instructors are seasoned practitioners who have worked in the fields their cover and relate the subjects covered to real work situations you will encounter in your job. Thus, the concepts and worked examples are real, the coverage is at the right level of depth, and the material is straightforward.
We deliver practical and hands-on courses focused in several key domains:
1. Data Science, including big data, machine learning, data visualization, data analytics...
2. Cloud Computing, including Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform / Firebase, IoT, Platform as a Service, Infrastructure as a Services, Software as a Service...
4. Agility & Stability, including a broad group of frameworks and techniques involving Agile, Scrum, Kanban, TOGAF, ITIL, cybersecurity...
5. Finance, Banking, Securities & Business, including a strong emphasis on banking, finance, securities, and insurance (e.g., derivatives, credit risk management, corporate finance, financial modelling...)...
Each course is designed to boost your knowledge and skills in the shortest possible time so that you can apply what you gain immediately in your job, or that next great job you are looking to start. We cover the full range of skills from the most introductory for students and new career starters, as well as advanced or complex subjects.
If you want to take a great leap forward in your career, we are here to make that happen. Let's get going!
LEARNING IS ABOUT DETERMINATION
Persistence and determination beats the natural gifts and intelligence that you are born with. If there is only one take-away you have from reading about my experience and education over many years it is just that.
Luck is the second most valuable thing to possess. But, you never get lucky if you are not prepared. Your determination will get and keep you prepared, and then "getting lucky" will simply be appearing in the right place at the right time.
You don't need to be persistent or lucky all the time: just at the right time. That is, assuming you are prepared. Think of this like a surfboarder paddling out to the waves. Prepare and train so you are ready. Paddle out and put yourself in what you see at the "right" position. Watch the waves and currents. Use your training adjust your position. And, when the timing is right, paddle furiously, get on your board, apply what you've been trained to do and give it everything you've got!
MY COMMITMENT TO YOU
I am dedicated to designing, developing and delivering great content for you. I hope I have done that successfully here, and I believe you can see that in the 100s of 1000s of students signed up for my courses.
I have been creating live and recorded courses for many years, and have a great team of instructors who deliver excellent content. All of these instructors are former (or current) practitioners, so what you will learn is designed and created with real world applications in mind.
EDUCATION IS A PARTNERSHIP BETWEEN STUDENT & INSTRUCTOR
i believe education needs to be interactive and engaging. For you to really learn, you need to be involved, to ask questions, and to interact with me, your instructors, and your fellow students. Gone are the days of memorization. By getting involved you will challenge me (and yourself) so that you solidify your understanding and your ability to apply what you learn in your job and life.
Here are some suggestions that will help you out:
1. Commit to start your course on a specific date and time.
2. Commit to dedicate X hours per day to that course (ideally at the same time of day/night)
3. Review what you didn't understand after you have moved forward. That is, 'go back to go forward.'
4. Participate in our community. Ask questions. Push back on what is presented. Make us do more to help you learn. If we (or any other instructor) doesn't do that, then the courses simply become dusty content on your digital shelf. You will actually have learned very little.
My singular goal is to spread useful knowledge and skills to you. That is why I am here. Feel free to reach out to me in our classes and online.
Always be learning.