Entrepreneurship Fundamentals - Find Your Best Business Idea
What you'll learn
- Determine a problem worth solving - The Villain
- Build a Solution that people want - The Hero
- Tell a story that get people out of there seats and yelling
- How to pitch yourself or you company in 30 Seconds
- Determine you Why? Like uber was in the right place at the right time.
- Complete a pitch deck that can be used to gain venture capital
- We will follow ubers pitch deck and use it as our example
- At least half a day to invest in building your pitch deck/startup idea.
- A mindset to find a problem worth solving and providing a solution.
- If you want to print out the 1 page pitch deck template to follow along you will need a printer.
What would our life be like without companies like Uber, Airbnb, LinkedIn,Twitter or YouTube?
- Facebook started as a way to compare attractiveness between classmates.
- Twitter started as a website to list and find podcasts.
What to they all have in common?
All of these companies started as a small business and they all had to define the problem they solved, the solution, traction, team etc.
What will you Learn in this Course?
- Determine a problem worth solving - The villian
- Define a solution people need - The hero
- Tell an awesome story
- Why Now? Demo
- Market size
You are going to learn 3 pitches? What?
- 30 second pitch - What you say in a room full of people
- 3 minute pitch - Someone is interested in your company and wants more info
- Full pitch - Deep dive into your business
Why did I build this course?
Well, I have been through two business accelerators and for the last year I have been sitting in a conference room with 2 other startup founders and we would work on our pitch decks for a couple hours one day a week. After our meeting we would go out use the pitch decks in front of investors, meetups, pitch competitions, startup weekends, startup incubators, in front of customers, friends and family to large venture funds. You name it and we did it. We would then come back every week and refine of decks, discuss what worked and what did not and I put it into a course.
Who is the Target Audience?
- Anyone that would like to start a business
- Someone that has an idea and wants to see if it is viable
- You have a company and or looking to grow and need more funding
- You want to be your own boss and work for yourself
Who this course is for:
- Any one that would like to start a business or has a startup idea
- A company that would like to grow by finding new funding sources
- Anyone interested in Startups and Entreprenuership
Hi, I'm Patrick Fagan. Thanks for checking out my course.
Currently, I'm the Founder and Director of T&F Business Ventures, I am working on and with multiple startups in the Los Angeles area. Over the past two years I have worked with startups in the Human Resource space, startups raising money with ICO's (Initial Coin Offerings), Digital Marketing, Events Ticketing Space and many others.
Prior to T&F I was the 5th employee of a 6.4 Billion dollar government startup, and built the organizations quality program including leadership development, strategic planning, voice of the customer, employee focus, process improvement and tracking results. I have also worked for large fortune 50 companies and startups. Over the years I have graduated from two startup incubators and has worked with companies in the Los Angeles Area.
My goal is to deliver ever-improving value to students and stakeholders.
Hope you enjoy my courses!