Entity Framework: Getting Started (Complete Beginners Guide)
- 5 hours on-demand video
- 4 articles
- 10 downloadable resources
- 1 Practice Test
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- What Entity Framework and Entity Framework Core are and how they work
- What is the Entity Data Model in Entity Framework
- What are the 3 Entity Framework workflows "Code First", "Model First" and "Database First"
- The pros and cons of the 3 workflows and when it is best to use each one of them
- How to build a C# Console App with Entity Framework Code First in Visual Studio
- How to build a C# Windows Forms (GUI) App with Entity Framework Code First in Visual Studio
- How to handle data model/database changes in Code First
- How to build a C# Console App with Entity Framework Model First in Visual Studio
- How to build a C# Windows Forms (GUI) App with Entity Framework Model First in Visual Studio
- How to handle data model/database changes in Model First
- How to build a C# Console App with Entity Framework Database First in Visual Studio
- How to build a C# Windows Forms (GUI) App with Entity Framework Database First in Visual Studio
- Handle data model/database changes in Database First
- How to use Language-Integrated Query (LINQ-to-Entities) in C# to query data model entities
- How to get started with Entity Framework Core on Linux
In this lecture, we will talk about what is Entity Framework and what are the benefits of using it.
In this lecture, you will learn about the Code First workflow in Entity Framework.
In this demo/guide, we will see step by step, how we can build a .NET Console App in Visual Studio 2017, using the Code First workflow in Entity Framework along with creating a new database.
In this lecture and demo, on our Ubuntu Linux 19.04 test environment, we will create step-by-step, an Entity Framework Core project, using the Code-First workflow, along with creating a new database in SQL Server 2019 CTP 3.0 via Migrations.
Learn more about the upcoming release of Entity Framework 6.3.
A few words about the addition of this new section (Special Topics).
- Basic Programming Principles
- Basic C# Programming Language Knowledge
- Basic Visual Studio Knowledge
In this course, you will learn all about Entity Framework and Entity Framework Core on both Windows and Linux, what it is, how it works, what are its available workflows and their pros and cons. To this end, you will learn how to connect your C# Applications to SQL Server Database with Entity Framework and its workflows.
Entity Framework is an Object-Relational Mapper (ORM) development tool, that enables the Software Developer to write less data code faster, and focus more on the software logic instead of the underlying database.
Via this course and its large set of live demonstrations/guides, you will learn step-by-step, how you can efficiently build data applications using Visual Studio with C# and the different workflows of Entity Framework such as: Code First, Model First and Database First. Moreover, you will learn how to easily get started with Entity Framework Core on Linux.
AFTER THE COURSE:
You will know what Entity Framework and Entity Framework Core are and how they work
You will be able to create .NET Console and Windows Forms GUI data apps, using any of the available Entity Framework workflows:
Code First with Existing Database
Code First with New Database
You will be able to design .NET data applications much faster and you will be more productive.
You will be able to easily use Entity Framework when developing .NET data apps
You will be able to start working with Entity Framework Core on both Windows and Linux
Basic Programming Principles
Basic C# Programming Language Knowledge
Good to know: Microsoft® Visual Studio®
In this course, we will be working with .NET Framework (C#) on Windows® and Entity Framework 6 via Microsoft® Visual Studio® 2017
Also, we will be working with Entity Framework Core 2.2 SDK on Ubuntu® Linux.
THIS COURSE CONTAINS/OFFERS:
5 hours of high-quality video
Step by step live demonstrations and guides that can help you get started with Entity Framework and Entity Framework Core in no time
Downloadable resources with useful information and links
Downloadable infographics that will help you better understand the main concepts of Entity Framework
Useful practice tests/quizzes for testing your knowledge on each section
A major practice test in the end of the course
Ability to ask the instructor questions via the Q&A section
Certificate on course completion
Also: This course is being updated with new educational material on a regular basis.
WHAT ARE PEOPLE SAYING ABOUT THE COURSE:
"Highly impressed and fully satisfied. The author explains clearly and in detail the concept of "Entity Framework", allowing novice users to comprehend it. The discussion on the fundamental concepts such as classes and inheritance of OOP was extremely useful. The extensive reference to programming has been extensively beneficial helping the user to correlate theory with practice. WELL DONE.", Andreas Nestorides
"I like that he addresses each topic with substantial depth. Entity Framework is an interesting topic and an important one as well. Thank you.", Eleana Spyris
"It was just as expected. Very informative and elaborate.", Giannis Hadj
"Great learning experience, addressing the areas I expected to cover.", George Georgiou
- People that develop data applications in .NET and want to be more productive
- People that want to start using the Entity Framework for building robust .NET data applications
- .NET Software Developers that want to just focus on building the software, and not the database
- Technology enthusiasts that want to learn more about software development and .NET