Entity Framework: Getting Started (Complete Beginners Guide)
- 5 hours on-demand video
- 4 articles
- 10 downloadable resources
- 1 Practice Test
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- What are the 3 Entity Framework workflows "Code First", "Model First" and "Database First" and how to use them
- How to build .NET applications and connect to SQL Server using Entity Framework
- What Entity Framework and Entity Framework Core are and how they work
- The pros and cons of the 3 workflows and when it is best to use each one of them
- How to build a C# Console App with Entity Framework Code First in Visual Studio
- How to build a C# Windows Forms (GUI) App with Entity Framework Code First in Visual Studio
- How to handle data model/database changes in Code First
- How to build a C# Console App with Entity Framework Model First in Visual Studio
- How to build a C# Windows Forms (GUI) App with Entity Framework Model First in Visual Studio
- How to handle data model/database changes in Model First
- How to build a C# Console App with Entity Framework Database First in Visual Studio
- How to build a C# Windows Forms (GUI) App with Entity Framework Database First in Visual Studio
- Handle data model/database changes in Database First
- How to use Language-Integrated Query (LINQ-to-Entities) in C# to query data model entities
- How to get started with Entity Framework Core on Linux
In this lecture, we will talk about what is Entity Framework and what are the benefits of using it.
In this lecture, you will learn about the Model First workflow in Entity Framework.
In this demo/guide, we will see step by step, how we can build a .NET Windows Forms GUI App in Visual Studio 2017, using the Code First workflow in Entity Framework along with using an existing database.
In this lecture and demo, we will learn more about Entity Framework Core and see how we can set up our environment for working with Entity Framework Core and .NET Core in Visual Studio.
In this lecture, we will talk about the available SQL Server command-line tools in Linux.
In this lecture and demo, on our Ubuntu Linux 19.04 test environment, we will create step-by-step, an Entity Framework Core project, using the Code-First workflow, along with creating a new database in SQL Server 2019 CTP 3.0 via Migrations.
Learn more about the upcoming release of Entity Framework 6.3.
A few words about the addition of this new section (Special Topics).
In this special topic, via live demonstrations, you will learn how you can connect to SQL Server using SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS).
- Basic Programming Principles
- Basic C# Programming Language Knowledge
- Basic Visual Studio Knowledge
In this course, you will learn all about Entity Framework and Entity Framework Core on both Windows and Linux, what it is, how it works, what are its available workflows and their pros and cons. To this end, you will learn how to connect your C# Applications to SQL Server Database with Entity Framework and its workflows.
WHAT OTHER STUDENTS SAY ABOUT THE COURSE:
The course, and especially the live demos, help me start using Entity Framework easily.
I really enjoy this course. The instructor explains everything in simple words and the demos show step by step, how to start working with Entity Framework.
Cours très pertinent et complet. Touche aux différentes facettes d'approches de conception.
Thank you sir. This course helped me to better understand Framework!
Great learning experience, addressing the areas I expected to cover.
MORE ABOUT THE COURSE:
Entity Framework is an Object-Relational Mapper (ORM) development tool, that enables the Software Developer to write less data code faster, and focus more on the software logic instead of the underlying database.
Via this course and its large set of live demonstrations/guides, you will learn step-by-step, how you can efficiently build data applications using Visual Studio with C# and the different workflows of Entity Framework such as: Code First, Model First and Database First. Moreover, you will learn how to easily get started with Entity Framework Core on Linux.
AFTER THE COURSE:
You will know what Entity Framework and Entity Framework Core are and how they work
You will be able to create .NET Console and Windows Forms GUI data apps, using any of the available Entity Framework workflows:
Code First with Existing Database
Code First with New Database
You will be able to design .NET data applications much faster and you will be more productive.
You will be able to easily use Entity Framework when developing .NET data apps
You will be able to start working with Entity Framework Core on both Windows and Linux
Basic Programming Principles
Basic C# Programming Language Knowledge
Good to know: Microsoft® Visual Studio®
In this course, we will be working with .NET Framework (C#) on Windows® and Entity Framework 6 via Microsoft® Visual Studio® 2017
Also, we will be working with Entity Framework Core 2.2 SDK on Ubuntu® Linux.
THIS COURSE CONTAINS/OFFERS:
5 hours of high-quality video lectures
Step by step live demonstrations and guides that can help you get started with Entity Framework and Entity Framework Core in no time
Downloadable resources with useful information and links
Downloadable infographics that will help you better understand the main concepts of Entity Framework
Useful practice tests/quizzes for testing your knowledge on each section
A major practice test in the end of the course
Ability to ask the instructor questions via the Q&A section
Certificate on course completion
Also: This course is being updated with new educational material on a regular basis.
- People that develop data applications in .NET and want to be more productive
- People that want to start using the Entity Framework for building robust .NET data applications
- .NET Software Developers that want to just focus on building the software, and not the database
- Technology enthusiasts that want to learn more about software development and .NET