Enterprise Security Fundamentals
What you'll learn
- Describe the current cybersecurity landscape
- Red team versus Blue team exercises
- Blue team kill chain, including Gathering baseline data Detection Alerting Investigation Response Execution
- Explain the Assume Compromise approach to security
- Red team kill chain, including: Reconnaissance Beachhead Persistence Lateral movement Elevation Exfiltration
- Organizational preparation, security processes, and responses
- Basic experience with Windows Server administration, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Basic experience and understanding of Windows networking technologies, to include Windows Firewall network setting, and cloud services concepts
- Introductory level knowledge of Active Directory, including functions of a domain control, sign on services, and an understanding of group policy
In this course, we examine the concept of Red team – Blue team security professionals. You will practice Red team versus Blue team exercises, where one group of security pros (the red team) attacks some part or parts of a company’s security infrastructure, and an opposing group (the blue team) defends against the attack. Both teams work to strengthen a company’s defenses.
You'll learn how both the red and blue teams help the business attain a higher level of security, something the security industry is now calling the Purple team.
You will also learn the fundamental aspects of security in an Enterprise and overall like : CIA Triad concept or Assume Breach philosophy.
This course is designed to get you started as quickly as possible. There are a variety of self-paced learning activities. You will get:
Video lectures on each topic explaining each concept thoroughly with examples (and Demonstrations where applicable)
Review questions (quizz) at the end of each section
Final Exam at the end of the course - 50 questions to test your knowledge on the topics and concepts learned in the course
Links to official Microsoft resources/blogs/videos for further documentation.
What you'll learn ?
After completing this course, students will be able to:
Describe the current enterprise security landscape
Define the Assume Compromise approach
Practice Red team versus Blue team exercises
Develop organizational security preparation, processes, and responses
This course is the 1st course from a series of 9 courses which address all aspects to become a Microsoft Cyber Security Professional . This cyber security track is designed to teach you, or fill in the knowledge gaps, all the aspects and technologies to become a successful cyber security professional. The entire track addresses mostly Microsoft security technologies, including the latest cloud services made available by Microsoft like: Microsoft Defender Suite, Office 365 security features and services, Microsoft Graph, Azure Active Directory Security and many more.
Microsoft, Windows, Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Azure are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. This course is not certified, accredited, affiliated with, nor endorsed by Microsoft Corporation.
Who this course is for:
- Security Administrators
- Security Analysts
- System Administrator
- Everyone who wants to learn about the current cybersecurity landscape and how to improve your organization's security posture
Technology is rapidly becoming a way of life, a way of work, a way in which everyone moves forward faster. Our courses were created on the basis that we could help people to become empowered by learning IT skills themselves, rather than having someone else tell them what to do.
IT New Courses gives people the depth of knowledge they need to get IT certifications which have a high-demand for professional careers in the job market. Our goal is to always bring you the most up to date content needed to not only pass the exam, but gain the real world experience necessary to excel in your IT career.
IT New Courses brings you comprehensive yet concise video courses straight from the experts in the following areas:
- Cloud Computing and Environments
- Server Administration
- Cyber Security
Our courses are created by professional instructors who are certified with the following:
- Microsoft Technology Associate: Windows Operating System Fundamentals
– Microsoft Technology Associate: Networking Fundamentals
– Microsoft Technology Associate: Windows Server® Administration Fundamentals
– Microsoft® Certified Solutions Associate: Windows 8 (MCSA)
– Microsoft® Certified Solutions Associate: Windows Server 2012 R2 / 2016 (MCSA)
– Server Virtualization with Windows Server Hyper-V and System Center (MCSA)
– Microsoft® Certified Solutions Expert: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure (MCSE)
– Comptia Security +
– Microsoft Cyber Security Professional
– Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH v10)
– Micrsosoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect Expert