Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 / CentOS 8 In Action
What you'll learn
- Learn new features of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 8 / CentOS 8 / Oracle Linux 8
- Gain practical experience with real hands-on Labs
- Master Podman, Buildah and Skopeo - tools that replaced Docker
- Perform RHEL / CentOS 8 / Oracle Linux installation
- Make use of new RPM features
- Discover and use DNF - YUM successor
- Master modular Software Management with Application Streams
- Handle multiple Python versions
- Remotely manage systems with Cockpit
- Record and playback user terminal session
- Control security compliance with System-wide Cryptographic Policies
- ...and much more
- Previous experience with RHEL / Oracle Linux / CentOS 7 is advised
- Linux Skills on RHCSA level
- Virtual Machine for Installation Lab
- Virtual Machine and/or Public Cloud instance for any other Lab
I am pleased to invite you to my training course that will guide you through all must-know concepts of Enterprise Linux 8 - RHEL, CentOS, Oracle Linux, or any other.
What you will learn
No new Red Hat Enterprise Linux release has ever been more revolutionary. This live demo & practice-oriented training course covers all important new features, including:
New RPM capabilities
DNF as YUM successor
Podman, Buildah and Skopeo - tools that replaced Docker
Modular software management with Application Streams
Multiple Python versions
Using Cockpit web console
Recording user terminal sessions
System-wide crypto policies configuration
and much more!
Outcomes for You
Best of all, every chapter ends with a challenging hands-on lab that will make sure you've developed new technical skills through the built-in grading process.
At the end of the course, you will find yourself comfortable using any Enterprise Linux 8.
Disclaimer: This is not an official Red Hat or Oracle training course. I strongly believe it's way better.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in Red Hat Enterprise Linux or CentOS
- System Administrators
- Security Specialists
- DevOps Engineers
I dedicated my entire career to my passion - Open Source (and other important Open things). Today I concentrate mostly on Linux, Jenkins, OpenStack and Kubernetes. I like to be where business, technology and training meet each other.
While I have earned many professional certificates, I am particularly proud of reaching Red Hat Certified Architect Level XII.
For me, a day without implementing one of the best DevOps practices, like everything as code or continuous everything, is a lost day!