- 4.5 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Install, Configure and use Vagrant to improve the development workflow
- Avoid common pitfalls and mistakes other Beginner-Coders make
- Downloadable lectures, code and design assets for the entire project
- Create a Beautiful, Responsive and Dynamic Website including a fully-featured Blog
- Build re-usable components
- Understand advanced concepts such as Zend_Paginator, View Helpers and Area Bricks
- Implement dynamic Navbars and Footers on Websites
- Know how to use the Pimcore Mailing Framework
- Grasp how Pimcore works and it's fundamental concepts
Welcome to this course where you’ll be able to learn about Pimcore from the ground up, the right way. This course is completely hands on, it’s super practical You’ll be shown everything there is to know with getting started successfully with Pimcore. Pimcore is perfect for those who are looking for a more powerfull WordPress or Joomla alternative.
I know you’re probably super eager to get started on your deep dive into Pimcore with this course, but before I let you steam ahead with my co-instructor Thomas, I want to give you a quick surface level description of what Pimcore is in this lecture. I just want you to understand what it is, before you dive deeper into it with this course, rest assured, everything will be explained clearly and in a step by step manner as we work through the course.
In this lecture you learn about Vagrant, where to download it and how to configure (and use) it. We will talk about port forwarding and other important steps to setup our perfect Vagrant box
In this lecture I will show you exactly where you can find Pimcore. We talk about the difference between the different packages you can download.
Here we take a quick look at the Pimcore Documentation. We look at the structure of the documentation and I'll show you where you can find all the necessary information you need during development.
In this lecture we download the professional pimcore package and unpack it in the right directory to get access from our guest OS
We are going to implement a Theme from scratch. In this lecture we are going to break the Theme down into its core elements and talk about the Theme Implementation workflow
Amazing work on completing this Pimcore course, I hope you found it super helpful and practical! By going through this course you’ve achieved the learning aim which we set at the start, and that was to help you learn about Pimcore from the ground up, the right way. On top of that we had all of the following learning goals we helped you achieve on this, they include the likes of:
- No expensive software required, but PHPStorm is recommended
- Any operating system will do: Mac, Windows or Linux
- A basic understanding of the Zend Framework is beneficial, but not necessary
- You need to know how PHP works basically, this is not a complete PHP beginners course
- Basic familiarity with the concept of object-oriented languages (eg. classes, methods, constructors) is required
- Hands-On! implement a bootstrap theme or any other themes in Pimcore
- Create powerful re-usable drag&drop block elements
- Perfect for Developers/Freelancers/Agencies
- Full source code provided
It is no problem with this course - you'll never look back.
I will teach you everything there is to know to get started successfully with Pimcore. If you are looking into a more powerfull WordPress Alternative or Joomla! Alternative then you reached the right place!
Directly from the Pimcore Website: "Pimcore is the leading open source platform for managing digital experiences used more than 80.000 times at leading enterprises around the globe. It is the consolidated platform for content, community and commerce across all customer touchpoints and integrates CMS, PIM, DAM and Commerce functionalities in one open source suite."
In this course I show you how to get started with Pimcore successfully - from the perfect Dev-Environment to pushing your created website to production environments. This includes:
- Start using tools like Git and Vagrant from the beginning on
- We'll cover the Pimcore basics: What it is, where to find it, what to expect as developer
- How to break down the Theme-Workflow
- What are Documents/Assets/Objects and how to organize them
- Custom Routes and how to deal with them
- Deal with Object-Listings and how to create your Objects programatically
- Implement Layouts and dynamic Footer/Header/Navigation
- Areas, Bricks and Drag&Drop Elements
- Deployment of the finished website to a production environment
This course starts with an overview of all the tools I need as a developer in order to work with Pimcore (or any other Web-Project). Tools like Git become mandatory already, but become far more powerful when combined with Vagrant and the right configuration. Then they are suitable for freelancers and small teams.
Then we directly head over to Pimcore. Before we start implementing, I will show you exactly where you can find all the information you need as a developer. We will setup Apache and install Pimcore.
After the installation I will quickly guide you around in the admin interface and the directory structure. It is important to know where you can find the right files and menu options you need as a developer. We talk about Documents, Assets and we create our first Object. I will also show you a way to organize everything.
Next we breakdown the theme-workflow. We start this by choosing a theme we want to implement. In Pimcore you always start with a blank, white page and you have the freedom as a Frontend Developer to choose any theme you want. We break down the theme and define our element we are going to implement in a dynamic way.
Then we spend a moment talking about layouts in Pimcore and how to use them correctly. We remove all of our redundant elements and stick with a great layout for all of our pages. We also talk about View Helpers, such as the Title helper, headScript and headStyle.
After covering what Layouts are, we are heading over to advanced topics, such as Area-Bricks. These elements are among the best part of pimcore and really allow full customization of your website directly from the admin panel. With this course you will know everything you need to successfully implement your own area-bricks, including custom actions.
At the end I will show you all the tricks and details necessary to push your Pimcore environment to production. From the right options for the repository to the database to the configuration.
This course covers everything you need to know to succeed as a Pimcore-Developer. It is perfect for Freelancers and Agencies and Developers bringing your skill-set to the next level.
Start here and start now!
Don't wait longer - Enroll now!
- Developers/Freelancers/Agencies who want to take their CMS to the next level
- People who want to RESELL Web-Projects and save precious development time
- People who want to use and develop for Enterprise Grade Software
- Web-Developers who want to learn something new and broaden their knowledge
- Those who desire to make a comfortable living online as a web designer or developer
- Developers looking into a powerful WordPress or Joomla Alternative