Enneagram Self-Inquiry: From Ego to Essence
What you'll learn
- How to use the Enneagram in self-inquiry for spiritual growth
- History of two ancient lineages of the sacred Enneagram
- The basic architecture of our personal ego structure
- Overview of the nine types, including the core paradox of each
- Ways that transformation unfolds, horizontally and vertically
- How to determine your Enneagram type and dive deeper
- No prerequisites
The Enneagram is a mandala of the human experience that combines ancient consciousness technology and modern psychology. It maps out nine archetypal ways that humans lose contact with Source, or Essence. These form the basis for our ego patterns and act as signposts pointing to our essential gifts. This introductory course on the Enneagram goes beyond describing a psychological typing system, and explores how it can be used in self-inquiry to liberate us from the fixations of identity.
Many spiritual paths focus on expanding our awareness into other dimensions, accessing unity consciousness, or reaching transcendental states of hypergnosis (non-ordinary seeing or knowing beyond what we typically experience in everyday life). The Enneagram teaches us how to live with this knowing of Oneness or Nothingness once we resume travel in the human dimension. It helps us notice and navigate the core fears and core desires that fuel our ego. It helps us free ourselves from patterns so we can more consciously choose our path and more fully inhabit our body-bound journey.
In this course you will learn about the origins of the sacred Enneagram, discover how it supports our spiritual evolution, and receive an introduction to the basic elements of the system: the centers, the nine types, core fears, core desires, essence qualities, and movements of growth and evolution. In the descriptions of the nine types, you may start to recognize yourself and establish a foundation for how you can use this tool to experience more freedom in life.
Who this course is for:
- Grounded spiritual people
- Personal growth enthusiasts
- Life coaches and therapists
- Self-inquiry practitioners
- Transpersonal psychology buffs
- Anyone who can benefit from a practical tool to help integrate Essence with ego to navigate the human experience with more lightness
Wendy May is a purpose coach with 400+ hours of training in Enneagram and integral coaching. She has been a student of the Enneagram wisdom tradition since 1999. Wendy started her teacher training with Enneagram Institute in 2014, and completed all certification requirements and exams in early 2020. In addition to teaching and coaching work with the Enneagram as a tool for self-inquiry, Wendy is the author of the book Regenerative Purpose and offers individual coaching and group process for purpose alignment.