Enhancing Photos with Photoshop
- You should be able to manage files and folders with cut, copy and paste operations.
Do you know what makes a compelling photograph? At the end of this course you will be able to use Photoshop to correct color cast problems, improve composition, straighten the horizon on crooked images, combine multiple images into one correct exposure, use multiple layers in an image and sharpen fuzzy pictures.
This class is designed for the first-time user of Photoshop. I'll show you the important menus and options without skipping important steps.
Each lesson resource includes the photos used in the videos plus several more similar images that need corrections which you can use to reinforce what you have just learned.
- Anyone who likes to enhance their photography with Photoshop
- Fix Brightness and Contrast Levels
- Use Double Layers and Multiply
- Use Dodge and Burn Tools
- Combine Exposures
- Color Balance
- Fix Colors using Curves
- Fix Colors with Filters
- Black and White and Sepia Filter Effects
- Improving Sky Exposure
- Straighten a crooked photo
- Sharpen an image
- Clone over blemishes or unwanted people
- Crop an image to artistic proportions
- On your own
Shad Sluiter teaches computer science and programming classes at Grand Canyon University. Over the past 20 years he has taught students from grade 6 to senior citizens in many aspects of technology.
He has multiple degrees in Computer Science, Mathematics and Education as well as a Masters degree in Computer Information Systems.
Personally, Shad enjoys photography and outdoor activities. He is bilingual in English and Spanish.