Enhancing Photos for Complete Beginners
- Students don't need to know anything; they just want to know how to start improving photos
- No software needed
- Be prepared to spend 50 minutes learning about how to improve photos
'I want to improve my photos. I've looked at one or two programs like Photoshop but all of them are just a confusing mass of buttons. Where do I even begin to understand what to do?'
If you've asked yourself anything like this question, then right here is where you start. This free course guides you through the basics of how to go about improving your photos. You will be guided by someone with 30+ years experience of using image editing software and I'll show you the steps you need to take to make your photos shine. I'll show you using programs like Photoshop Elements, Affinity Photo and Pixelmator because it's all about the processes involved, not which buttons to press. I've selected techniques that you can apply to just about any image editing program so you have the flexibility to choose which software is right for you.
Ten videos at five minutes apiece, this course is designed to be as short as possible so you can pick up knowledge quickly. It has one simple aim; to get you over that first intimidating hurdle when faced with an image editing program that seems to offer endless possibilities but no way of understanding what to do with it. This course is the first steps course and is designed to follow naturally on to other courses I offer at Udemy for all the software you see here. It's not a scattergun approach to learning - a Youtube tutorial here, a technique there. It's a solid method of where to start, what to do next, and how to make your photos better than you ever thought they could be. See you on the course!
- Complete newbies at photo editing
- First things first...05:02
- What is a Layer?05:00
- Step 1: Rotate and Crop Your Pictures04:59
- Step 2: Get Your Dark and Light Right04:58
- Step 3: Get your Color Balance Sorted04:59
- Step 4: Remove Blemishes05:00
- Step 5: Tackle Noise and Sharpen Your Images04:59
- Layer Masks and Why You Want Them04:58
- Adding Effects04:57
- Export Your Images04:54
- Practice Part 1 - Pizza Party.08:23
- Practice Part 2 - Flowers07:25
- Practice Part 3 - Black and White07:16
- Practice Part 4 - Yorkshire Village07:15
Simon Foster holds a degree in Educational Design from Manchester Metropolitan University, has been a designer for 30+ years, has run a successful design business for over 25, and was a teacher for 2 years. He has produced design work for clients from all over the world, including all the graphics for Rollercoaster Tycoon 1 and 2, various other games and apps, illustrating science books and providing design and illustration for clients ranging from doctors to top level business people, world class geneticists right through to local start up businesses.