Enhance Your Speaking Voice
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 10 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- By the end of this course students will understand the fundamentals of voice production and clear speech delivery for a variety of situations.
- In this course students will learn the basics of breath control, articulation, resonance, pitch and tone colour and the part these play in effective speaking.
- No prerequisite knowledge is required but a willingness and desire to practice is highly recommended.
The sound quality and use of the voice is a fundamental factor in the lives and success of many prominent professional people. Far more so than many of us appreciate. Actors of Stage Screen and Television, Broadcasters, Politicians, Business leaders, Teachers, Clergy and many others, use their voices consciously and deliberately and to inform, persuade or entertain us.
What many of us don't realise is that many of these people have worked very hard to master skills and techniques in voice production. Non-professional voice users may not earn their living through their speaking voice but, nevertheless, still want to create a positive and pleasant effect when they speak. You too can familiarise yourself with these techniques and learn how to use your voice to best effect.
This course is a basic introduction to voice production and effective speaking. It explains the processes involved in speech and how we can use the speaking voice to best effect whilst taking care of this most valuable asset.
Lectures are varied between audio, video and support text. Exercises and reference material are included.
This course can be completed initially within 2 - 3 hours and that includes a basic familiarising oneself with exercises. This time would be average for an Introductory Voice and Speech Awareness session with a Voice Tutor.
The course is structured logically and all lectures follow on and are discrete enabling the student to return to any section or lecture for skill reinforcement or revision.
This course will benefit all voice users and of course anyone who uses their voice professionally - teachers, lecturers, clergy, managers and public speakers.
- Anyone who is interested in making the most of their speaking voice or uses their voice for their professional wellbeing.
In order to use your voice to your best advantage a little knowledge of how sound is made will help you to understand the mechanics of breathing and speech production
The vocal folds are crucial to vocal health and flexible speaking. Learn how they work and how to take care of them.