American English Slang | English Phrases for Work
- 7 hours on-demand video
- 51 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Master native English phrases often used in the workplace (and in daily life)
- Understand the join conversations in the workplace
- Express your thoughts with common idioms and expressions, not only simple words
- Take your fluency and conversational skills to the next level
- Improve your English pronunciation
- An open mind and a positive attitude
- A willingness to make your own examples and review regularly
If English is your second language, it can be very frustrating to feel behind the conversation when talking with native English speakers.
Why does this happen?
One reason is that native English speakers use common phrases that come from culture. That means, looking at each word in the phrase won’t tell you the meaning. The result is that you’re not sure exactly what others are talking about and you can’t express yourself as naturally as you would like to.
If you’ve ever felt this way, at work or in your daily life, you will get a lot out of this course. This course will focus on English phrases more common in workplace situations, however, the course is useful for anyone interested in learning American English phrases, expressions, and idioms (especially those taking exams like IELTS and TOEFL).
You won't just learn English phrases in this course, you will master them—you will know how to use them in your daily life. And if you feel uncertain about anything you're learning throughout the course, I will answer any questions you have.
Let the journey begin!
- English learners who want to use master English at a more native level
- This course is not for native English speakers