American English Slang | English Phrases for Work
What you'll learn
- Master native English phrases often used in the workplace (and in daily life)
- Understand the join conversations in the workplace
- Express your thoughts with common idioms and expressions, not only simple words
- Take your fluency and conversational skills to the next level
- Improve your English pronunciation
- An open mind and a positive attitude
- A willingness to make your own examples and review regularly
If English is your second language, it can be very frustrating to feel behind the conversation when talking with native English speakers.
Why does this happen?
One reason is that native English speakers use common phrases that come from their culture. That means, looking at each word in the phrase won’t tell you the meaning. The result is that you’re not sure exactly what others are talking about and you can’t express yourself as naturally as you would like to.
If you’ve ever felt this way, at work or in your daily life, you will get a lot out of this course. This course will focus on English phrases more common in workplace situations, however, the course is useful for anyone interested in learning American English phrases, expressions, and idioms (especially those taking exams like IELTS and TOEFL).
You won't just learn English phrases in this course, you will master them—you will know how to use them in your daily life. And if you feel uncertain about anything you're learning throughout the course, I will answer any questions you have.
In each lesson, use the examples given as a foundation for your own examples. Learning English should not be input only. Output is even more important. So, dedicate time to practicing on your own so that you can master each expression as a habit and use it without thinking.
Let the journey begin!
Who this course is for:
- English learners who want to master English at a more native level
- This course is not for native English speakers
Hi. My name is Luke.
I'm the founder of Cloud English. I've been teaching English for years, and over that time I've discovered powerful language learning methods that make learning English much easier and more effective. My courses have helped thousands of people become more fluent in English.
My courses will help you:
- Become more confident in English conversations
- Master English vocabulary, phrases, and expressions
- Take your English pronunciation and fluency to the next level
- Improve your English listening skills
- Think in English when you're speaking English
- Sound natural saying exactly what you mean
Here, you can find courses on business English, American English slang, American English pronunciation, common English idioms (useful for IELTS and TOEFL), and more!
I use a split screen presentation style for my courses. You will be able to see both my face and a digital blackboard. It's a great way to learn!